I have not changed the way I have dressed in years.

so what looks better (and keep in mind I'm still a bit big)

link

link

OR? (how I dress now)

link

link

ps I dress goth now. hippie dress is what I'm thinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can incorporate goth into your new style if you're going for hippie chic. For example, if you like your tall black goth boots, buy a pair of flat black riding boots to incorporate into your new style with jeans and a tunic. Typically, the hippie look has a lot of flowy, loose tunics and dresses. For a style icon in the hippie chic look, take a look at Mary-Kate Olsen or Nicole Richie's style. You can have that free-flowing look, but you don't have to wear bright colors all the time. Move into your new look slowly. Lose the baggy pants, and try out some dark leggings with a tunic like this one. link You can dress that up or down with the riding boots I mentioned or a pair of sandals. Don't forget that leather is a big part in hippie style, so I recommend wearing layered bracelets or carrying an oversized leather tote that will dress up your outfit. Don't leave out the headband either. :) More good news...your long black dresses can work. Since hippies sometimes layer clothing, find a good patterned long cardigan that will work for you and toss it on over top of the dress. Good luck in your transition!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I definitely prefer the hippie kind of look.

But just because you're thinking of a change, doesn't mean you have to lose everything about your current look; take aspects of it which you like, and work them with the new look. You don't have to go from one extreme to another either - I'd suggest making subtle, gradual changes so you learn to grow comfortable in the new style, and figure out the overall look you'd like to have.

Judging by your photo I think you could definitely pull off the hippie look and it's make you look a little more grown up and approachable.

• The way you dresses before looks better. No offense, but the all black emo look is just not attractive to me. It's boring and there are a lot of stereotypes that go along with that sort of look. People WILL judge you based on how you look and dress and that's the reality of things. The first sort of look is more fun and flirty whereas the second look is drab and depressing and just steers people away. You don't HAVE to change yout look. Like if you are happy with how you looked before there is no reason as to why you have to change it now.

• To clarify I dress goth now :P yeah I do get bad looks alot. that's why I thought hippie would be a fun change. I can't look normal. so yeah ill try out hippie and put away the big pants for later.

thanks =D

• You can do both! haha, I have my "preppy days" and my "emo days" and all those other dressing ways.

• i think you should go back to your old style. no offense but those pants are hideous and don't make anyone look good. if you do want to incorporate the goth style, steer towards a "romantic goth" look, I wasn't a huge fan of the dress but I did like the lace detailing. keep the goth a bit more feminine and your look will be more approachable

• My old style is the big pants. sorry iw as not clear. also I am fat I look bad in lace dresses. but ill try =]