Halloween costumes - what's "too slutty"?

Where do you draw the line between a sexy Halloween costume and a slutty one?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing is too "slutty" I really hate that word because you're entitled to wear whatever you want Halloween or not, it's just we're brought up thinking the more revealing clothes you wear the more "you're asking for it". I've seen girls literally all covered on Halloween, or literally just wearing a bikini and or a leotard and no one said anything. I think it's a personal preference, I feel more comfortable when I'm covered but doesn't mean I won't wear short shorts or something see through. (I was minnie mouse one year and wore really short/high red disco shorts, and a see through black top with polkadot bra) and this was on purpose, it didn't look "slutty" and I actually had a boyfriend who encouraged me to wear this.

• How about going door to door wearing a thong and pasties with tassels?

• Well that is when I see people in Halloween costumes, so that is why I referred to it. If you are meaning at get togethers/parties, would you consider it appropriate wear to show up in there?

• To each their own. If you feel comfortable enough to rock that at a get together then so be it.

What Guys Said 28

• To be perfectly honest I find costumes deliberately trying to be sexy all kind of annoying. I mean to me it shows a complete lack of creativity and imagination. I want to see somebody's imagination run wild. If wearing revealing outfits are the extent of their imagination then they seem like boring, dull people. Show me what that imagination is capable of. Not cleavage.

• I think birthday suit would cross the line. but sexy Halloween costumes are designed to be slutty. you are in a rut my friend.

• If you are old enough no Halloween costume is slutty, only sexy! :). (Exception i suppose is if your costume is like "invisible woman" and you are naked hahaha

• Aren't all "sexy" Halloween costumes for women slutty?

I've never seen a store bought one that wasn't. That's kind of the point of adult costumes.

If you walked down the street on any other day wearing something like this:

s10.thisnext.com/.../2CA03E0A.jpg

People would assume you were a stripper or a hooker, but Halloween provides a convenient excuse for it since it's "just a costume."

• It depends on where you're wearing it, who you're wearing it for, and what you want to say with it.

• It's too slutty if you're naked. Actually not really.

• If you are doing to get attention and not the "hey really cool and ingenious costume" type attention, then you are likely taking it to far!

Remember... we are all examples to the younger people out tricker treating, so celebrate Halloween with some class... not ass!

If you are doing it at home to turn your SO on then go for it... it is all in good fun!

• Screw the whole "sexy X" trend. Wear an actual costume. Pick a character you like, or a monster which always makes you smile. Go crazy and put some real effort into it.

• A trick to judge is: if you could get the joke "oh darling, so this is how expensive textile is today?" than it may be a little bit "too sexy" hahaha 8) :o

• If you are going to a club, there's not much thats too slutty. If you are going to a party with kids or a work-related party, then there's a lot that is too slutty.

• I think what you should be asking what is appropriate based on the host or location of the party. If its a company event or kids party you may want to be a little conservative. However, it's an adult themed private party you can dress a little more sexy.

• On that day everything goes Go for it I like Daisy Dukes on a girl

• Too slutty would be something along the lines of Casper the ghost, or Jason Voorhees.
    If you'd like a costume that's a little more conservative I'd suggest going as a dead porn star.

• If you wouldn't wear it on a normal night in late November because it could get cold, then it is too slutty.

But that's just what I think.

Personally, I think intentionally sexy Halloween costumes are kinda trashy. They ruin the mood for me. I like the darkness and creepiness of Halloween, and seeing a girl walking by in a "slutty cop" outfit just kinda throws that all off.

• Nothing is too slutty for Halloween! ahaha

• Can there be such a thing? Hahaha 😈

• Lol well I want people to think I look hot not trashy. I don't know how far one can push it before it's trashy territory haha

• I am just playing. Honestly, I think it depends on your audience. Yeah, if there are going to be kids there, or older adults. Pretty easy to zip past that line. If not then I'd just go by the ol What look can I put together that makes every guy in the room want me but makes it so I don't seem like they can pay me for sex... Unless your costume is a prostitute, the you hit the nail on the head. Haha. Go the call girl route. Very sexy, yet still classy. 😁😁😁 What's not to love about that?

• I like sexy Halloween costumes. Don't care about what some douchebag considers "slutty". Very nice butt, by the way.

• Go slutty or go home.

• There are plenty of mangina's willing to settle for a slut, so I don't think there is a "too slutty" that could possibly be achieved anymore.

Shit even pornstars are retiring to have families these days.

• I've never seen a sexy or slutty one.

• Nothing is too slutty. We're talking Halloween costumes here!

• All girls are sluts anyway so what's the big deal?

• Halloween... nothing is too slutty!

• if you boobs are falling out or your panties are showing

can you answer this please
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1733337-why-do-you-think-she-has-her-pants-undone-here

• I remember a couple of years ago i was helping family hand out candy. And a group of friends came to my mom's house and one young woman im guessing (19) had her boobs colored looking like eyeballs lol.

• there's only one type of slutty

• When you literally only have pasties on, that's it, I mean, it's like, really?

• You hookup does it really matter

• lmao that has nothing to do with it

• You assume I'm a bitter virgin but if you want the honest truth I'm not bitter but I'm know I'm ugly and I'll never have sex

• Sex isn't really even on my mind cause it's not that important

What Girls Said 22

• I feel An Adult can Do as the Romans Do and if they want to Wear a "Slutty one" then go ahead, Halloween only comes once a year, @xobrowneyedbeauty.
    However, little kids, teen girls as well, should Not go as A "Treat" but stay Sweet and not look like they are turning A... Trick.
    Good luck and Happy Halloween. xxoo

• If it can also pass as lingerie to be warn strictly in the bedroom, it's probably toeing the line. Then again...
    media4.onsugar.com/.../...8fb48_giphy.xxxlarge.gif

• Sexy and slutty go hand in hand. I don't see how you would tell the difference.
    Sexy version of something is the same as saying it's the slutty version of something

• Unless you are wearing legit laundry then nothing is slutty. One year I saw two girls wearing lingerie costumes. One was a girl in a bunny outfit with her breast exposed and another was in a devil mesh laundry dress (completely see through). Both girls had their boyfriends with them. i don't consider body paint costumes slutty since they are more of a form of art. I saw an Adam and Eve version one year. Guess who one that costume party. Lol.

I've worn these over the past two years. Some people might consider them slutty but I love them:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...68e1ae1e32.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...dc354f9afe.jpg

• I would say Halloween is right up there in "nightclub on vacation" territory as far as how much skin it's acceptable to show. I see plenty of costumes where the top is basically a bra, though if I wore one of those I would at least choose one with real pants. As long as your pieces form a coherent costume you should be in the clear.

• Well in this culture, slutty is wearing something more revealing than you would normally see on the street. No value judgement, you can be slutty if you want, but yeah way too short shorts, massive cleavage, exposed stomach, those would be slutty. Plus it's cold out this time of year, who wants to be cold?

• Lol well if you're inside at a party or something you're probably not going to be cold

• Well, slutty would be lots of cleavage, open belly, and skits/shorts that are way too short. That's pretty standard definition. Personally, I wouldn't dress slutty

• waterfordwhispersnews.com/.../ pretty good guide

• Same rule i apply to eeryday clothing: only show off a maximum of one of your assets. Either legs or butt or boobs. More than 1 asset shown and you have crossed the line to slutty qorld

• If I can see your ass cheeks it's too much.

• sexy is when you'd still feel comfortable if you're grandmother saw you. slutty is where you don't want you're grandmother to see you.

• I don't know how badly I would want my grandma to see me in something sexy though either haha but I get your point

• I think of it this way.. If more boob is exposed than covered, then it's a bit too much. If my butt cheeks are showing, too short.. I want to be able to pass a teenager and not feel inappropriate.

• When more than 80 percent skin is showing

• It's too slutty when there is NOTHING left to the imagination

• So naked lol :p

• I don't even know what most women wear since I've never been to a Halloween party or whatever.

• @ihatethiswebsite hey neither do I but I know some women my age who wear tight and revealing clothing. theyre 16-18. I don't like it but to each their own

• I've gone to a party in a thong and cape, maybe there?

• If your boobs are about to fall out or I can see your panties it's OTT

• I don't know... Birthday suit, perhaps (?)

• Showing cleavage or too much skin

• Nudity. Just nudity would be too slutty for me 😂

• Does it really matter?

• Are your tits and ass hanging out? If yes then its slutty...

• Good luck finding one that isn't slutty. It seems like they are only making slutty/skanky costumes these days.

• When you're showing what you're not supposed to