Why have girls stopped wearing corsets?

Why have girls stopped wearing corsets?
It gives them that classy hour glass figure

Many of you complain about the pain but then by logic going to the gym and being in a diet where you are fighting temptation is a also painful
Girls claim it stops them breathing then how come their mouths are yapping on 24/7/30/365 when do they stop to take a breath :P :P
I get girls don't want to go through the pain

Most Helpful Girl

• Why have girls stopped wearing corsets?
    Likely the physical pain and long term adverse effects. Plus many gals may not be interested in appeasing one male's opinion or any male's opinion. The average American male is overweight/obese so I doubt most guys concern themselves about appeasing gal's physical standards. So perhaps some gals see no reason to endure pain and potential bodily damage for a fatty.

In my opinion in regards to your update there is a difference between physical pain and mental pain. As well as to me the pain from corsets is damaging while pain from dieting is self-deprivation to be healthy. For me pain from the gym is either poor figure resulting in damage or lazy people not getting used to fitness.

What Girls Said 24

• One word: uncomfortable
    Two words: totally outdated
    Three words: you try it
    Four words: extremely and completely unnecessary
    Five words: have an hour glass already
    Six words: can't hold my breath that long

• Upvotes because of your hour glass figure 😉😍😍

• keep at it baby

• Thanks. Will do. Each day is a choice to stay in bed or get my ass up and train

• It also crushes your ribcage, inhibits breathing and distorts the placement of your internal organs when you wear them too often :P

• Beauty knows no pain :P

• What about strap. on ones without all the steel wiring

• Even without steel wiring, it's a firm piece of shaping equipment that's pushing in your waist. It's not as harmful, but, over time, it will produce the same results. That's why corsets generally come with a warning to tell you not to wear it often.

• I look fucking fantastic without one. And I have no desire to destroy my internal organs just to make some random penis person happy.

• I love corsets and have a few of them. I love any of the older looking vintage/retro style of clothing, lingerie & heels. Sexy and classy!

• They cause ribcages to morph, and move internal organs which can lead to complications, a weaker spine, indigestion and a few other things. Plus, they're like crazy uncomfortable. The benefits just don't outweigh the negative. I'd rather be comfortable and able to breath and have a bigger waist size. Plus, I already have an hourglass figure so I'm not sacrificing comfort for a smaller waist. I believe men used to wear them as well, probably stopped for the same reasons. Plus gals tend to do a lot in terms of making themselves more appealing to men, like waxes, makeup etc... Many things when it comes to looking good don't feel that great (waxing, gym sometimes etc...) but those things don't really have a high potentially of damaging someone for life.

• Because some of us already have an hour glass figure without it...

And even if we didn't, the possible long term effects of wearing one just impress a few strangers is ridiculous.

Beauty standards are already ridiculously high, to the point now that women are perfectly fine having almost everything on them being fake. Please stop adding more to it.

Also working out is healthy for you, corsets aren't.

• - Because we realized that we don't have to wear certain things in order to please the male population. We don't live for men. We don't owe them anything.
    - Because you have a hard time breathing when you wear that shit.
    - Because the pressure applied on the breasts can result in complications and injuries.
    - Because wearing corsets can result in indigestion/dyspepsia.

So yeah, I'd rather not take my chances in order to look more fuckable.

• What if they weren't painful would you wear them?

• They would still mess with the intestinal track.

• Because they are uncomfortable. Bras are the same way, but it really depends on the bra. Some bras have similar boning in them. It's really annoying. I have big boobs and a lot of my bras have boning on the side. It's supposed to help with support but I find it digs in sometimes and pokes me. Not fun!

I think corsets can be helpful, but it's not something I would want to wear all the time.

• Maybe because it hurts?

• To be fair, that doesn't stop some cultures from enforcing clothing that doesn't really make sense. China did it, the Middle East does it, the West starves girls to death; it is actually a common issue throughout time that people are easily persuaded by peer pressure.

• Because it misplaces your internal organs, crushes your ribcage, inhibits breathing, and can cause permanent damage. This is not the Middle Ages son.

• I've worn a corset. They are painful but cute.

• Because misplaced internal organs and difficulty breathing is not worth a small waist.

• coz i look fucking sexy without it and how do u explain a way to wear tiny croptops and minnie skirts witrh a corset?

• and how can i ride a guy proper with that thing round my already slim and sexy waist?

• i'd like to see men wear corsets. why don't they? it will give them that classy hourglass figure (because any other figure isn't 'classy' enough).

• We wear weightlifting belts to get a v shaped torso

• Cause its's way too tight. I hate tight stuff. I'm a sweater gal.

• they are flipping uncomfortable and restrict everthing

• Why don't men shave their armpits and legs? Would be far less gross. Why don't men pee sitting down. Because it is a free F$@&inf world asshole.

• Becaue it's damaging to our bodies and painful. It squeezes your waist and changes the shape and and positioning of your bones and internal organs.

• I'm not going to squeeze my insides just to look more visually appealing.

• I like being able to breathe and having my organs in the right place!

• Breathing. We like that shit.

• It is dangerous and uncomfortable to the body. Also, we are no longer in the 1800's...

• Some want that shape, and that is fine. But there are potential dangers to waist training.

-Tightening is so much they have trouble breathing and faint.

- Extra strain on the lungs and restriction of organ function

- Shifting organs and broken ribs

There might be more. So for some, they want to take the risk and do waist training with a corset. Other women do not want to do it, and that's fine. It's their body. It can be really uncomfortable, especially wearing it for longer periods of time.

I like the look once in a while, but I already have an hour glass shape (as in, my shoulders and hips are about the same and my waist is narrow).

• Some women still wear them. Its not in style anymore that's why women don't wear.
    I don't know if you noticed, but fashion is ever changing and evolving, especially women's fashion.
    Men don't really wear heels and white wigs anymore do they?

by the way, some women are hourglass without using corsets.

What Guys Said 14

• Because corsets were torture devices that caused a wide array of medical problems, such as birth defects, organ failure and death, not to mention the lack of flexibility and limited capacity to breathe that occurred when wearing them. Corsets are easily one of the worst, most barbaric fashion accessories ever invented. Many fashionable men wore them too, by the way.

• Probably for the same reason that they stopped wearing chastity belts.

• Some are deadly... and I like that last update... frickin mean, i love it.

• Guys used to as well... do you want to take up that fashion trend as well, because I don't, although waist training is a unisex issue now...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c2c690174a.jpg

i.ebayimg.com/.../$_35.JPG

• Wear one yourself everyday for a year, tell me how it feels. If you happen to die within that time frame, make sure your last words are how it felt.

• It's because this one doctor published something detailing over *ninety* medical issues caused by them.

• Because it's painful and unhealthsome?

Seriously, women take all that extra time already applying makeup et al. Lotta guys these days can't be bothered to shave.

• maybe because it's uncomfortable and unhealthy...

• Because it prevents proper breathing.

• cos how does this ensure a figure? haha. fuck 19th century weirdo logic.

• I'm guessing because they are not very comfortable?

• Well sir, maybe because women don't want broken ribs or to suffocate anymore. Corsets are very bad for you.

• They should also stop wearing high heels, because they are unhealthy and uncomfortable.

• Because it was proven unhealthy for circulation and also out of style anyway

• The hour glass figure will never be out of style

• No that won't but using corsets is bad for the women's body