What color pants/slacks will go with this shirt and blazer?

I tried a couple khakis, one the classic beige, and another was dark brown. They both looked a bit tacky and didn't quite work (style aside, the color didn't seem quite right). What color and style of pants would go good with that coat and shirt?

The purpose is for job interviews. I'm gonna wear a artistic, classy looking piano necktie, since I'm a pianist. Not some cheesy playable piano key necktie, but an artistic one. It should make me stand out some.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be helpful if you'd included all the pieces of your proposed outfit. I personally don't like the idea of wearing pants a different color than the jacket. Black and white does not go with brown pants of any shade no matter how artistic.

Unless you're interviewing for a pianist position, do not wear the piano tie.

• I recently went to a job fair. I wore dark brown khakis with that shirt, a black leather belt and my piano tie, and a lot of the employers said I looked great and they really wanted to talk to me when they saw me. The piano thing was a conversation starter and helped me stand out.
      But... the same coat with those khakis doesn't look good. Maybe I'll try dark blue, grey, or black slacks.

• Stop trying to match things with your tie. The pants and jacket should match and be complimented by the shirt. The tie is an *accent*.

• Meh, it's not a playable necktie like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ4PmJTfu_M That would be "ugh". It looks pretty elegant and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is for a job interview? You should be wearing a suit. The jacket and pants will match. Don't wear a loud or obnoxious tie, wear a smart or plain one.

• The slacks match. Same hue but a little darker. It almost looks like a suit, just a little darker, so there's some character. I was in a jazz band with the company that's sponsoring the job fair, so a tie with a little calligraphic music notation is cool, and it isn't gaudy. But I found a solid dark green tie that looks good as well. When most the companies dress code is Dockers with a polo shirt or button up shirt without a tie, a blazer should be fine. But if I start applying for govt agencies down the line, yeah, I'll want to invest in a suit.

• Yes, the dress code for most places I've worked is the same. But you still should show up for the interview as well as your first day in a suit.

What Girls Said 3

• Black or khakis.

• Black pants would look good I think. Is the jacket gray?

• It's dark grey, with a slight hint of blue.

• I went with a charcoal color. Really dark grey, not quite black. A couple girls I know really liked the combination cause it gives a nice contrast.

• Oh good. I didn't want to say gray in case it matched too close to the jacket. Good job

• Dark grey jeans

Or black

What Guys Said 3

• I would go with black. Black is one color that goes with any other color. Or, you can try gray to match the top as well.

• I'd go with simple black honestly (but not super dark), since both of those colors are fairly light wearing light bottoms will just make you look wider. And wearing brown with grey RARELY ever works.

• Is say black or gray