Have you ever tried cutting your own hair and how did it work out for you?

I cut my hair myself and it didn't turn out very well at all. I tried to cut fringe but I ended up with a mushroom haircut on one side lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I've tried trimming it myself and it didn't go too well either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it twice.

You know how Mulan chopped off her hair with a sword?

Kind of like that. I did it with a scissor.

It was obviously not even.

My sister fixed it the first time.

The other time I let it grow out.

It is not as noticible.(?)

✌❤

What Guys Said 18

• I tried cutting my eyelashes when I was 10.. because my eyelashes are pretty long and this makes my eyes look a little feminine.. but I wanted to look manly so I waited until my dad didn't pay attention and was cutting them off. Then my dad went to the bathroom "[NAME]!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT SCISSOR IN YOUR EYES?" and I was like 😮 ... "I wanted to look manly" and he "YOU STOP RIGHT NOW! Never do this again!" and I answered "BUT I ALREADY STARTED LET ME DO THE RIGHT EYE SO IT LOOKS THE SAME AT LEAST!" and he "No! Thats your punishment!". Next day in School, Girl breathes in fast like I scared her (dont know If there is an English word for this) "what did you do?" and I "I have so long eyebrows.. I look like a girl with them..". Then she compared the left (cut) eye with the right (untouched) eye "I think its beautiful. You should leave them like that.". And so I did. And so I found my best female friend I have, and we still are. 11 years already.

• I cut my own hair, all the time, and I just have a Wahl Shaver, and #4 or #5 cutter, and just cut it all short! It works for me, but probably won't work for most women!!
    That short of hair on women kind of makes you look like you are from a prison camp in one of those 'dark' movies about the Second.
    I'm a guy, single, and nobody cares, so I can get away with it!! :)

• I trim my beard myself. That's enough :)

• Ya i did a couple times in college, with hair clippers. It looked atrocious lol.

• cut my own hair every time and getting better at it every time. it was hell in the beginning, but that's what buzz cuts are for as a last resort.

and who the fuck wants to pay $40 for a damn hair cut plus a huge tip that's always expected.

• Oh man the patches I used to put in my head..

• Haha I've only tried with my fringe, didn't work :P other places I have, never gonna shave again xDD

• I wanna shave my remaining hair i have left but can't find the machine

• Actually I used to trim my bangs so they'd perfectly cover my whole forehead and eyebrows. I got really good at it.

• I have done it many times and still do to this day and am getting much better.. but the first few times did not go as planned.. but I did get to wear some different looking hats tho

• Used to shave my head all the time but that's easy. If you mess it up just click the trimmer down a notch then do it again. End up with a cue ball most times

• Cut mine into a deek head and cuties fap to it!

• Every time I've tried I've ended up with a shaved head.

• I don't really cut my hair but I trimm it after a while.

• Yes, because I'm a cheapskate. It works out pretty well.

• It has been two years since I started cutting my own hair

• I have done that since 19. I get compliments (probably because I am artistic and learned some of this from my sisters).

• Yep went really bad

What Girls Said 11

• I trimmed my side fringe when I had it and I've cut baby hair that I straighten when I have my hair tied up but that's about it

• I'll cut my side bangs if they get too long, but that's it.

• Yes I have... and it turned out HORRIBLY!!! never again. Hahaha!!!

• I always cut my own hair when I was in high school, it always turned out alright for me.

• I gave myself a blunt fringe a couple of times and a whole haircut once and it turned out just fine! Though, those haircuts weren't looking that god on me because my hair isn't thick enough..
    that's the haircut I did, more or less
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m6vBUsl8E

• My fringe are always long and it goes to the side. By long, I really mean long lol they're until chin length now. So yeah, there were few times when I was mad and took a scissor to "chop off" my fringe. xD It looks like normal bangs then, kinda okay, but don't suit me.

• I actually often cut my bangs myself :D
    I wouldn't really be brave enough to cut my entire head myself though, it would most likely be disastrous 😖

• Well, it would certainly ruin the carpet and it would be a ghastly sight for whoever found you headless on the floor ! I wouldn't be brave enough to cut my head either. Sounds really painful !

• @JuicyBrain haha omg you know how I meant it 😅😭

• I actually used to use disposable razors to thin out my hair before.

Don't do it.

• Yea I was about 15 the results were so bad I took some clippers & buzzed what was left off.

• I cut a little bit of my hair at school in kindergarten and I got in trouble.

• Just pay someone who knows what theyre doing to cute your hair.. if you do it yourself it will most likely end up looking weird. If your mom or friend has a steady hand, maybe they could do it for you.. but still just go to a hair cut place.