Curly girls, favorite hair products + daily routine? Also hairstyles?

I'm Puerto Rican and Jamaican, I've got 3b/3c curls and I was looking for some suggestions. Lately I've been using Dominican hair products but the website I order them from will be shutting down within the next two months. Do you ladies have any products in mind, whatever works best for you? Also any hair care tips like daily moisturizing? I look forward to hearing from you all! :)

C'mon ladies, I'd like to hear your feedback!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried soo many things lol but something that woks really good with my hair is the moroccan oil, I use the curl defining cream, there is also a cream that is called strictly curls by Marc Anthony, is really good haha, this 2 are really expensive tho so I dont use them all the time.
    Being curly is so expensive -.-

• Oh my goodness isn't it? XD It's a struggle not many people understand lol.

• thank you! it has its really bad days tho ahaha, sure yours look great :)

• Awe thank you! :)

What Guys Said 2

• My curly hair looks like shit... I usually don't use shampoo anymore (I heard that's what you're supposed to do), I started using conditioner, and now I use this "Curl Sculpt" thing and I think this is the best I'm going to get it... (I'm trying to grow out my hair by the way, haven't reached shoulder length though.

• Well hydration is important, curly hair tends to be drier so if you'd like your hair to grow it's important you moisturize daily. Also, sulfate free shampoos should be okay but if you'd prefer not to shampoo at all there are cleansing conditioners you can use in addition to your regular conditioner.

• So many factors... I wish I looked good with short hair... Thanks again, I hope everything works in my favor

• I'm sure it will, curly hair is gorgeous lol. You have my best wishes! :]

• Is that you in the picture?

You're beautiful.

What Girls Said 16

• I always always always recommend coconut hair masks they do wonders! I always enjoy sulphate free shampoo and condition products!

• Hiiiii!!
    I am also Puerto Rican but 100%... LOL!
    I have really really Curly hair and I LOVE it! 😍😍😍😍😍. I use TRESemmé shampoo and conditioner it has Vitamin e for dry hair. I also use Smooth N' Shine Curled up mousse with Jojoba oil. Its really really good stuff 😊.

• I like your mix!!
    But anyway i live for Cantu coconut curling cream and Cantu shea butter leave-in conditionner. The leave-in can be used for after washing, but also for daily styling and moisturizing, but for moisturizing i think that we can all agree that coconut butter is the absolute best thing to use.
    Oh and i stopped washing with shampoo recently, but if i use shampoo, i use baby shampoo

• Horse shampoo and coconut oil sister

• haircosmeticsvietnam.files.wordpress.com/.../macadamia-natural-oil-reviving-curl-cream.jpg

Macadamia Natural Oil Reviving Curl Cream

I don't have hair as curly as yours, but this is what works so well for me. It's generally very expensive but I find it half off at places like Marshalls, Ross, Tj-Maxx. You should really give it a try and if you live around one of the stores I mentioned, go take a look there so you don't have to pay as much.

• All three of those stores are actually nearby so I'd definitely check them out. I did look online and you're right it is fairly pricey lol. I'd definitely see if I can find these products at one of the locations you mentioned. If you could rate how well this works for you what would it be?

• i have natural and my hair type is 4b; my favourite product would be hair mayonnaise coz it moisturizes my hair very much and really does the job for me. i also like oils like olive oil and castor oil; they seal in the moisture of my hair } but that's for if i'm washing my hair.
    since water is the best moisturizer, i get a empty spray can, put a mixture of water and olive oil and spray on my hair.

• i use garnier shampoo for curly hair

• Why hello fellow curly heads :D
    I just use garnier ultra doux creams and masks.
    And exotic oil from lorvenn paris.
    What s the 3b/3c type means? What type are my hair?

• 3b/3c refers to my curly hair type, looking from your profile I'd say your curls are about the same (your hair is gorgeous by the way.) There's different resources online that let you know what your curl type is, here's one: http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types and thank you for the suggestions! I'll be checking them out. :)

• Okii thank you ^^

• I wash my hair once a week. I use Subrina shampoo for curly hair and a conditioner for dry hair. After washing it I wait 10-20 minutes, then I brush it and use Schwarzkopf essence ultime crystal shine finishing oil, Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Strength & Shine, Wella heat spray and L'oreal Studio Line mousse for curly hair, and I dry it with diffuser. If it isn't smooth in the end, I use Gliss Kur spray. :)

• I love her hair! I wish I had curly or wavy hair

• Yeah her hair is gorgeous! I'd love to have that kind of volume and length with my curls.

• Oh haha no that isn't me she's a celebrity in my country. I wish I could look like her 😂 but still really jealous I believe that curly and wavy hair just adds to your appearance

• Wow really? I think most people prefer straight hair, I know there's a lot of curly girls who wish their hair was straight. When I was younger I was one of them lol.

• I use products by MixedChicks, they're amaaaazing

• I used miss Jessie's multi cultural curls but now I flatironed it so I no longer have curly hair.

• Tres Semmene have good products, also using argan Moroccan oil can do wonders.

• Would that be any Moroccan Argan oil products or organic argan oil?

• Well from the label its Organix Moroccan argon oil, I got it from the pharmacy. Its fairly natural enough and good for the hair and isn't very expensive.

• Oh that's so great! Price is important to me because I'm ridiculously broke lol. Thank you very much for your response! :)

• I am not sure.

• I generally use Eden BodyWorks products and I really like it :)

• I'm black and Asian with 3c type.

It depends on the effect I'm going for.

If I want big fluffy hair I use plain conditioner or Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. Right now I'm using the Organix Biotin & Collagen conditioner but I usually use something like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because I'm cheap.

If I want defined curls that lay flatter I then I use an alcohol-free gel. I have two huge jars of Eco Styler gel.

If I want loose waves which I get from doing dutch braids, keeping them for at least 2 days and then taking them out, I use my shea butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil mixture. Its kinda greasy but I actually like that.

For straightening I just use Frizz-ease Heat Defeat and Chi Silk Infusion.

When I was in my teens my mom used to buy me some curl defining product. It gave the best curly hair I've ever had and it smelled so good. It was in a green jar and it was really thick. It gave my hair great hold and definition but it wasn't hard and crunchy. Neither my mom nor I can remember what its called. I miss it.

I wish I has the time and $$$$ to try new things. I have had pretty much the same products and regimen for 4 or 5 years lol.

And If that's your picture, your hair looks very healthy and beautiful. Goals.

• Oh no I wish that was my picture, she's definitely my goals too! And thank you so much, you've listed an awesome amount of products here, I'm excited to check them out, thanks again! :)