Girls, does height matter?

Do girls find short guys less attractive than tall guys? I think I'm a fairly good looking guy but I'm only 5ft 5, would my lack of height be a turn off to girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• It matters to me even though it probably shouldn't cause I'm short too (5'0). I just have a thing for tall guys. I know it's not necessarily true but I just feel like tall guys can take care of you or protect you more than a short guy could (once again, I know that that's not really the case but that's just how I feel). All that said I have found shorter guys attractive but those guys tend to be incredibly hot kinda making up for them being short. Generally I'm most attracted to guys that are at least a head taller than me but not so tall that I feel like I need a step stool to kiss them so that's generally guys between 5'10 and 6'3, obviously if someone's not between those heights I wouldn't completely write them off but that's just my personal preference

What Girls Said 12

• Height definitely matters. Short guys do have a disadvantage.

I'm 5'5 and I like guys that are taller, so I can wear cute heels :) ... around 5'8 is good

• Not important to me but I'm only a wee shorty myself at 5 ft 2. I have found plenty of short guys attractive. I would understand it if a taller girl only wanted to go out with a tall guy though. Don't let it get you down though since there isn't much you can do about it! Be confident and no one will notice your height!

• Yes hieght does matter. Some girls feel weird when a guyis shorter that her. I for sure like taller guys.

• Im 5'2 so you being 5'5 is ok. As long as my man is taller than me I'm happy.

• I do only because I am a good height plus like to wear heels so a shorter man than me makes me feel huge. Plus I believe women want to feel protected by their Significant Other..

• A guy has to be taller than me. Only because I find it almost funny when I wanna kiss them. I have to bend over to do it. I'm only 5'3 so I don't think it will be hard to be taller than (:

• most girls prefer taller men, but it doesn't mean shorter guys are any less attractive. besides, there's plenty of girls that are shorter than 5ft 5! you shouldn't worry.

• as longg as ur taller then the girl everyhtingg shud be okk.

but some girls love wearinggg heels so if ther man is shorterr then they are in heels. ehh

it kinda would matter.

• Generally, I *prefer* someone who's taller or, my height but, I'm not going to make a *huge* deal out of it either. Height isn't an issue with me.

• Height doesn't matter.

• He has to be taller than me. I'm only 5ft 3 so most guys are taller then me though

• I always want a boy taller then me, I'm 5'4 .

it doesn't matter if were the same height or he's taller but if he's shorter its a major turn off.

What Guys Said 2

• well, my girlfriend's 5 9, and I'm 5 4. To be honest, yes, it did take some getting used to, and yes, there were points where we both wished I were a little taller (lol more than a little). However, as our relationship grew stronger, height wasn't much of an issue anymore and we just looked past it. I'm not saying she likes short guys now, I'm just saying she loves me for who I am.

So, to answer your question, at first, it might be a turn off, but then when you find a girl who will look past it, as your relationship progresses it will become less and less of an issue. :)

• i don't know I think there is definitely a correlation between height of guys and the girls they get, but its not true for everyone. I honestly think that like 75% of getting girls is self confidence. If you are 5'5 but you are completely self confident, than the women will come to you, no worries. But if you are 6'3 and you're a shy awkward dude, no girl is going to be attracted to that.