Your opinion onTattoos?

Your opinion on....??
There has been tons of public/online fighting over the arts of tattoo. Some say "It's what is messing up this generation" and others "It's art! It's passion, feelings being drawn on skin, there is no harm." Tattoo's have been here since the dawn of time, with a little bit of complaints, but now? What's the deal? Are they bad, do they corrupt this generation and are kids today?

Give your opinions now or forever hold your peace. Thanks for reading, bye.
10-28-15

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't corrupt anything... it's just that... it's kinda there... FOR LIFE.

I always said I would get a tattoo when I found one that I could live with for life. At one point... I thought about getting the same "Octobriana" tattoo that Billy Idol has. However, I just held back from doing it.

Glad I did now - cuz I wouldn't get that tattoo for anything in the world now. What you like changes as you get older.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think tattoos are corrupting or ruining this generation. However there will be idiots in every generation who decide to tattoo something unfathomably stupid somewhere even more stupid. Like Marvin the Martian on their cheek with "fuck society" written underneath (actually seen this guys). Those people maybe make the art of tattooing come across in a different way to most folks. A tattoo itself cannot ruin a generation, it's just ink under the skin, pretty harmless. However in the eyes of older generations heavily tattooed people may not look like what they were used too, and unprofessional or gang related because tattoos were mainly for sailors and gang members in the 20th century. I have a few tattoos and plan on getting more in the future, and I have noticed people tend to put me into a box more, assuming I'm a certain type of person. I don't think it warrants online fights, tattoos have no effect on anyone but the person their on. If they're not your thing, don't get them and don't abuse people online or in person for doing something you aren't into. If you like them, get them or admire them and don't try to convince people who don't like them that they should. Because there is no right answer. I just believe tattooed people (unless the tattoo is vulgar, racist, harmful etc...) should be allowed to blend into mainstream society (employees shouldn't discriminate) because it's so common now. I'm an awesome worker despite my tattoos, they don't change a person.

What Guys Said 2

• i'm not anti tattoo or anything like that but i feel that they are played out and have been for several years now. when everyone and their mama has tats and piercings everywhere then where is the subversiveness it was supposed to imply in the first place? do what you want with your body but it's not impressive or special, just played.

• They're fine but that tattoo in the picture is quite terrible :/

What Girls Said 1

• I love tattoos!!! They look so cool, I'm goona get so many when I'm old enough. I want some now but mum won't let me get them so I have to wait. 😒