Is this a perm?

Is this a perm?

Could it be a Asian perm, I do see a lot of Korean pop stars with this volume on their head and straight.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's just the texture of his hair that looks like it may be. However a perm is described as a curl but I get what you mean

Most Helpful Guy

• Being half korean, i can say a lot of Koreans have thick straight hair

What Girls Said 10

• perm1
    pəːm/
    noun
    noun: perm; plural noun: perms; noun: permanent wave; plural noun: permanent waves
    1.
    a hairstyle produced by setting the hair in waves or curls and then treating it with chemicals so that the style lasts for several months.
    "I had a perm on Friday"
    verb
    verb: perm; 3rd person present: perms; past tense: permed; past participle: permed; gerund or present participle: perming
    1.
    set (the hair) in a perm.
    "her hair was permed and then set"
    Origin

Can be used to keep hair straight also. You can't exactly tell by looking at a photo. The "Perm" isn't the style its the chemical used to keep the hair in that style for a long period of time.

• What? No, a perm is this cdn-perfectlocks.netdna-ssl.com/.../...ave_lrg.jpg

that is in no way a perm, even a blind man could tell that isn't a perm...

• Thats weave

• Nevermind I thought you were that crazy girlsaskguys. com girlslie your usernames look similar, my bad

• @iamyourneighbour he might not, he did die 2015 years ago, he may have been spared the eighties...

• It doesn't look like a perm to me.

• i don't think so. but it could be.

• A perm is to make hair curly...

• No, it's just styled for added volume.

• looks like natural hair to me

• Nah, just looks like its been blow waved with a hair dryer and a circular brush.

• I don't think so.

• No a perm makes your hair either curly or straight this doesn't look like a perm

What Guys Said 4

• no doesn't look like a perm

• I would be inclined to say natural hairstyle.

• I thought a perm was curly, no that's just a shitload of hairspray.

• No, perms are used to curl, not straighten.
    To straighten hair you use keratin or a smoothing system.

• Wtf a lot of my close friends use it to straighten

• @lovelywiz For white and black people, perms are different. For white it is curly. For black it is straight. The chemicals are different in both.
      For a black, the chemicals are more harsh because keratin is not strong enough.