GaGers, what do you think about this hairstyle?

by the way, I'm not planning on doing this to my hair. Just trying to understand the appeal.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was at the Game Developer's Conference in the spring, I think every second woman at the conference had this haircut. To me it comes across as the 'I am tough, but I want to look like a girl" kind of thing, but it seems like it is almost trying too hard. Some women can really pull it off, but a lot seem to be doing it because they want to piggyback what it means and it seems like a safe way of being risky. Which kind of counter-acts the attempt at being risky in the first place. I do think it can look really good on certain people though, so it's not something that I would criticize someone for. But it is definitely a hairstyle that has quickly developed an associated 'meaning'.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate it. :/ Mostly because it's very restrictive. Not every outfit or hairstyle is going to compliment 1/4th of a shaved head. For example, it wouldn't look right if she put her hair in a bun and wore something business wear. It also just screams "SHEEP!!" So many girls are only doing that because it's trendy and they would have never done it on their own had a ton of other females not done it first.

What Guys Said 41

• Nope, nope, nope!

• I very much like styles similar to this - I think it is very individual in the sense that sometimes you like to see something different more experimental - A lot of the time it depends on the girl with the hairstyle, it often really suits some girls.

• Dislike it, its unfeminine as well as a red flag. From my experience side-cuts are generally a way of self-destructive behaviour. Cutting away the beauty of hair, especially on women, is a huge huge red flag.

• Nope, DON'T like it!!

• I dont like it at all. Its such a shame to do this to have the side of a womens head shaved and have long hair on the side

• I really never like that hairstyle. When I see it, it seem to me that a person is confused about having a hair cut or keeping their hair.

• Don't fucking do it. At first it looked like these girls had some sexy ass brain surgery but now it just makes them look like caked up dumb sloots. You would be a tool if you got that haircut.

• I don't like it.

• Noooooooo. So much noooo. All the styles with the part shaved head on girls are just SO wrong and not hott

• I didn't think I would like ti but I do... kinda like Natalie Dormer's hairstyle on Hunger Games:
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...500000578-551_634x791.jpg

• I don't really like the look of it, honestly.

• I'm not a fan. And if this starts becoming the new trend with the ladies, men will NOT be happy! Trust me!

• Her left side of head is 10/10
    Her right side of head is 1.5/10

• I think it looks pretty amazing if it was done from the left side. Like if the left side was shaved and all the curls were dropping on right.

• Noooooooo, sorry to tell you but a big no for this hair style. It's somehow like a project given to barbers where they asked to display some random no of hair styles and the best styles will be implemented further and the above given is the remained behind.

• No. Girls you hear me? No.

• Eh, she pulls it off in the photo but I imagine not everyone would. If you have beautiful hair I say flaunt it not cut it off.

• Not... my thing.

• Skrillex!!!

Don't dooo it!

• I think it looks shit

• I don't particularly love it. But it could work for the right person. Either way their hair their right to style it

• Ew. Please No.

• I don't like it personally.

• Very cute :3

• As appealing as miley Cyrus 😑

• It's out dated now I think it was fashionable back in 2010

• Not a fan of this hairstyle at all

• I guess it's okay, now she can feel the wind on her scalp, or perhaps she likes to feel her pillow with her scalp. It has it's benefits. :D

• bae
    a
    e

filler

• I hate it. Too much one side.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 40

• My friend has pretty much this exact hairstyle! Except that the shaved part is a slightly smaller area (it doesn't reach quite that far behind her ear and it's not as high up). She has wavy hair like that too, slightly darker. I think it looks really good on her. However, very few people can pull it off. You need to have the right kind of face, the right sense of style (my friend's is a bit more punk/laid back) and the right kind of personality.

• Honestly, it's not bad, but all I can think is: growing that out evenly is going to take fucking years.

• It use to be a trend here in Australia (Melbourne). I personally don't like it. It looks odd. Like the hairdresser couldn't be bothered shaving the rest and left it half done.

• I actually really like it, a few people I know have had something similar :)

• Honestly it looks stupid. Imagine having to grow out you're hair. By the next decade this will be a fad just like the 80s teased hair and mullets.

• I don't like it at all.

• some girls can actually pull that off so well. not for me though.

• er... its nice but I wouldn't do it!

• its very restrictive you have to have the right bone structure and even then it only looks good for that particular hair style but if you are having a lazy day and just want to put it in a bun, you can't do that. And when you grow it out, it looks lopsided and weird.

• I like it a lot lol

• If you like looking like every other girl trying to look like Skrillex... then it's cool?

I'm way too much of a hipster, as soon as something cool makes it into the mainstream it loses almost all of it's cool-cred.

• weird.. .. filler

• I thought i was gonna see straight hair on dat perrty face?

• @Keyspirits alright.. maybe, in future..

• Dont make meh wait too long! Now dont be thinken dirty ma Cinderella 👙😉

• Personally.. NO.

• I'm not a fan of it.

• its cool! pretty common... tbh i wanted to do this too before but i didn't do it -_-

• I don't like that... :/ I mean, some can pull it off, but it wouldn't look right if you wanted to put your hair in a bun or something, and it would grow back uneven.

• I don't like it...

• I hate this hairstyle

• I don't like it at all. I have seen a few but very rare people with that hair style. I honestly don't understand it my self.

• It's ugly in my opinion. It's hairstyle that everyone can not pull off. It either looks really good on you or really bad.

• Uuuum no, just no.😐

• I've always hated that hairstyle.
    It looks decent on sonny moore but he's always been weird.

• Unless you have the bone structure of a model you won't look good.

• Ew, no. Hell no.

• I think that very few people can pull it off.

• some girls really suit it... i for instance dont think i would

• I think it's pretty but not many people can pull it off.

• love it! my friend ha a style similar to this, it looks badass as hell

• If you have a good face structure then go for it.
    I think it s badass 😎

• Cool, but not that many looks good with it.

• More from Girls
    10