Best winter footwear choice?

Which footwear do you think is best for winter?

UGGS:

link

Knee High Boots:

link

Over the knee boots:

link

Ankle Boots:

link

Ballet Flats:

link

Or any others :) By the way, I don't specifically mean the exact boots in the pictures, just the general style or shape of the boots.

Well thanks for all your answers peeps :) xx

Most Helpful Girl

• UGGS: they are a hideous fashion trend. if you want ugly shoes and to be like a cow in the herd, why not. on a practical note, are they even made of waterproof material or would they just be like... socks?

knee high boots: best choice out of the above. and the most practical

over the knee: look super hot (style in general I guess as well) but would be more of "going out out" type of thing.

ankle boots: good god, I thought you meant normal, cool ankle boots. not that hideousness again. practicality: 0%. if you want to sink into the snow, why not... on the other hand, I just saw you're from the UK, so I guess it;s mostly rain and not snow. do you guys have a lot of snow? I went in february once and it was all rain. anyway, one way or another they're a poor choice for wet conditions. and look like the shoes men from the robin hood times wore. I don't know what times those were, but perhaps then something out of shakespeare's era? either way, something from the middle ages. and manly.

ballet flats: I cannot even acknowledge that with a response. I have nothing against ballet flats. I like 'em. but I cannot even believe they were an option for winter footware. even if it's all rain and no snow. it's cold out, they're low on the ground, they don't cover much, and more often than not, they are not waterproof. simply put they are for late spring, summer, and early fall...

you can be fashionable without being impractical. sure, it's hard to balance sometimes, but I mean, ballet flats are no balance at all... it's like the people who wear capris or skirts with boots. wearing the boots does not make it a winter outfit. and it does not make the skirt or capris any less dumb-looking of a choice.

anywaysss, I have a feeling I might have come across slightly offending. no such intention :-)

• Great answer. I agree with it all

• I've always wanted to go in the summer!! I just love summer in general. My favorite season... I am not really a winter person. Skiing is great and all, and Christmas doesn't feel very Christmasy without the snow but... I am willing to make sacrifices....

• I'd say 12 inches is pretty legit. It's a foot of snow. I've seen much much worse, but 12 inches is no picnic

What Guys Said 4

• the ballet flat seems like it would be a poor choice for winter because it does nothing to protect your feet from the cold. if anything, they look like warm weather shoes, making them absolutely out of the question for winter.

over the knee boots look slutty except when paired with certain, very specific, very focused outfit choices.

ankle boots are decent. knee high boots work too. uggs are nice and practical but a lot of people think they look ugly, but personally I admire a woman who is willing to put style aside for practicality.

of those choices here I would definitely have to say ankle or knee high, but anything with heels is a VERY VERY VERY bad choice for winter wear because, bear in mind, you will be walking in snow and on icy walkways. flat soled shoes are the only way to go for safety's sake.

so yes, flat soled knee high or ankle boots.

• Outta those, I'd say the knee high boots. The ballet flat and UggLY boots are definitely outta the question.

• High heeled black knee high boots. Definitely not uggs. Those suck.

• best lookin thing on girls is uggs. over-knee high is stripper ish. and those ballet flats are just stupid looking to me. hope this helps, from a guys perspective...moccasins are hot too

• Uggs are hideous.

• Yea that's what I thought when they came out, but they set a sexy look off if the girl knows what to wear them with

• Audreymarie-what makes you think anyone cares about your opinion? uggs are hot!

What Girls Said 17

• I like boots that are half way up and not to the knee. I like lace up ones and black. faux fur is what I go for usually and black because it will look cute with a black dress.

• While I love all of these styles, I've been living in my riding boots this winter. They're sexy and they go with a lot of different outfits. Over-the-knee boots can be really difficult to wear unless you're wearing them out with a short skirt like the celebrities in your link. If you want to be safe in the winter with all of the ice and snow, go for taller flat boots. Flat boots are totally in and are available in a lot of different styles.

• riding boots. I love the equestrian look. I just got a pair of black ones for christmas. they are far more practical than the pair of knee highs you have shown, heels are borderline retarded for the icy winter walk ways.

• I think all can be appropriate for different occasions. Knee high boots with a heel for going out at night or occasionally for work or when you want to look hot. Flat tall boots for work, class, or weekends. Ankle boots are great with dresses and with leggings.

I've never been a fan of Uggs. Everyone in the universe has them. I just feel like there are so many different types of boots in the world! Get 3 cheap pairs of boots in various colors and you'll find that different boots look great with different things.

• UGGs are actually quite ugly and I don't understand why us girls wear them... there are way cuter booots out there and especially ones that don't Hurt animals! I like knee high booooots ;)

• I think ballet flats are awesome for those not so cold days. But when it's cold and you want to look cute and comfortable opt for UGGS. It doesn't have to be the typical short boot either that everyone and their brother wears. Check out UGGS website and searc for other styles. I have these in black and love them because they are perfect for snow and slush as compared to the suede on the typical UGGS link Also, check out the UGG sweater boots...super cute, comfy and warm

• Wow I'm loving the uggs! You are the only girl I know who wears those! I tried to get my girlfriend to wear them, but she didn't go for it, which is a shame, because they're really sexy.(and as you said slush, water, and snow become a pleasure to step in wearing these boots)

• UGGs, I cannot remember the last time I wore any other shoes actually, I'm in them every single day lol.

• UGGs are awesome

• Agreed, I'm sure the people slating them have never even wore a pair because they would auto fall in love with them. Most comfortable, warmest shoes I've ever wore.

• I've been living in my uggs and ankle boots lol comfy and they look good :)

xoxox

• Either knee high or I will stick to my high tops like I have been :)

• Yes =) except I prefer my low top chucks

• I prefer Nike hi top or puma But I love chucks to. I mean I will wear knee boots but feel more cofortable in runners becuz I am a hip-hop dancer

• flats are cute :)

• UGGS ..!

• Leather Boots of any description. Practical and they look the best. Black goes with everything.

• Definitely knee high boots! Love the feel and catch guys looking all the time...

• UGGS...try the bailey button :)

• uggs is my best boot to wear.

• I love UGGS for snowy windy days. Over the knee boots for not so cold days

• I looooooooooove over the knee boots!