Do you shave your armpits?

I shave my armpits to reduce bad smell and bacteria. I think it is basic hygiene.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• When I see a man with long armpit hair it gives me the impression that they're unhygienic and I don't really see the appeal in it. It's your body though so do whatever makes you comfortable.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• Yes I do! But I don't shave my legs to go against the social norm and to against the media!

• Its a must

• Also for men?

• Only fem men that don't know what deodorant is.
      Get those legs done while at it girly boy

• Men? Your not a man if u shave under arms sorry to say. Only queers do that little fem boy.
      Lmao.
      You wear heels too?

• I usually do, I forget sometimes :P But yeah, most of the time I do.

• Obviously yes o_o

• Nah I don't. My armpits can really sore and irritated when I do, plus I have little armpit hair so it doesn't make a difference. I find that actually having natural armpits reduces the smell of BO if I've been working out or whatever. Wouldn't change it for anyone.

• I want to meet the women that have put no for this answer and give them a hi5 for the bravery I do not have.

• You want to meet the men that shave their under arms? Lmao. Ones that don't know what deodorant is I guess. They do legs to match? Lmao.

• I only do when I'm wearing tank tops or getting laid lol

• No. I don't even have any for me to shave.

• Yeah I shave everywhere. I don't like body hair, it definitely is more hygienic to shave.

• yes i do...

• yes I do.. but I wax more.. I don't like hair on my body..

• You do it once and then you have to do it forever to deal with the itch of the stubble.

• I keep everything shaved. If i know I won't be around other people and it doesn't bug me. I will go for a bit without shaving. Then I just shave again when it starts to irritate me greatly, lol.

• Yess it's a must for me.

• Smooth underarms look nicer, as do smooth legs.

I know there are women who don't mind being hairy but I'm not one of them.

• I don't have body hair so there's nothing to shave lol but i don't why guys need to shave their armpit :/

• I have no choice.

• I do 'cause I like how it feels. It's no less hygenic to have hair though

• The total amout if days that my armpits are shaved is about 2 weeks of the year. I dont have a boyfriend, I dont sleep around and i live in a country where it isn't very varm. . So I have no reason to shave other then being view as disgusting for not doing it if im wear a tank top or a dress etc

What Guys Said 14

• Absolutely!!

• I don't shave my armpits.

It would be odd looking indeed if the only parts of my body not covered with hair was the soles of my feet, the palms of my hands, and my armpits.

• My armpit hair is very sparse so I don't have much trouble with it plus I don't live in a hot climate so sweating isn't an issue. Deodorant after a shower keeps it under control.

• Smell and bacteria? Omfg you must not have access to a shower !
    Do you shave your legs too? Your a dude. Man up !!

• I shave my armpits more than my face sometimes.

In the past there was man shaming for shaving the arm pits now its common similar with beards a decade ago beards were frowned on.

• hair actually protects you from bacteria and infections. I do not shave my armpits but I do trim them because I dont want to have dumbledore's beard in my armpits. The smell doesn't come from the hair, it's different from person to person. For example, black people have a stronger smell than the majority of people even if they shave their armpits. Just wash them well and use a good deodorant and you'll be fine without shaving.

• But bacteria get easily stuck in hairy armpits. If I let it grow it will smell within a few hours after a shower.

• @jwhit Lol

• no, I don't have much armpit hair anyway

• yup I do...👍

• No I'm not homosexual

• What has your sexuality to do with this?

• That's what people used to say about men whi saved their beards.

• No kidding. Look all these girly boys who shave pits. Omg.
      They don't know what deodorant is I guess. Only faggots shave pits. Fem boys. Lmao.

• i trim, shaving makes things uncomfortable :/

• While not shaven clean, I do trim them on a weekly basis.

• Trim, not shaven. Looks too... effeminate... for a guy. Especially since I maintain facial and chest hair. Just would be out of place.

• I'd really have to work at it to get my armpits to have any odor. Like a week of hot weather and exercise without washing. One of the most common compliment I've gotten from women is how nice I smell, never used deodorant in my life, only a little cologne from time to time.

• I've tried it and it feels kind of weird and I actually think they smell worse shaved.
    I have no problem with women not shaving, I actually think it's kind of sexy.