Why when a black girl wears fake hair it's ok, but if a white girl wears fake hair it makes her FAKE?

??ぉglogic? I see none wtf? Black girl wears fake hair- Ok. White girl wears fake hair- she's fake.
Wtf is up with this WHY?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe because black girls don't typically have hair that society finds ideal. Wearing fake hair is more common for them and people are used to it. White girls have naturally "ideal" (again, I'm speaking of imposed standards) hair and it's not as common for them to wear fakes. Also, black women tend to be sensitive and touchy about their hair. They can straighten it all they want but if a white girl does Afro hair-style, it's "stealing their culture", "insensitive", "offensive", "ignorant" etc. So people learned not to comment on their hair in any negative way.

• hhh damn, you just figured out and broke down the psychology behind this dang bro thanks this helped, it's defiantly right on.

• Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 3

• If a black girl wears fake hair it's called rachet when a white girl wears fake hairs she is called fake. I fixed it. Now where is my prize? :D

• I never knew this was a problem - I know lots of white women who wear hair extensions

• hahahahaha

What Girls Said 8

• I've never heard that lol. It's fake hair either way. Then both are "fake" technically. I don't think anyone needs to alter how they look, but if someone feels like wearing fake hair because they want to switch up their style without using chemicals/cutting it/using heat, then go for it!

• black girls wear fake hair because their own hair is typically unruly and it's hard to grow it out long, white chicks don't have that problem and they can dye and style their hair anyway they want

• I have never seen a white girl have a wig on. But there both "Fake" because they have fake hair.

• There are a lot of double standards. In many, many ways.

• I've never heard of that before. Fake hair on a woman of any woman is fake. Trust me, I know because I have fake hair. Yup, my hair is fake. Fake hair on a black girl and on a white girl is fake either way. It's just more common on black girls because white people's hair grows faster than most black people. Most white girls have naturally long hair. I don't think fake hair is a problem as long as you have some natural hair. As long as you're not secretly bald underneath. I think it's completely wrong to completely change your natural appearance to the point where you're unrecognizable. Me personally, I have shoulder length hair, but I put a weave in to try a new hair style. In another week or so it'll be out of my hair and I'll be back to my old shoulder length haired self. As long as you're not trying to transform yourself, I think it's ok.

• Because they can't grow real legit hair so they basically need the fake stuff. But we can't say anything because then it's racist. Same thing as how we aren't allowed to have curly hair or braids but they're allowed to have straight hair and they scream "THATS DIFFERENT!" No it's not, fool!

• We CAN grow legit hair! It's not our fault that society views straight hair as ideal. Look in every magazine, commercial, or movie. Most of the women have straight hair. Even most black celebrities straighten their hair. Look at Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Gabrielle Union, and even the first lady Michelle Obama. At one point or another all of these celebrities have had straightened hair. It's not because these women can't grow hair, it's because our natural hair is viewed as ugly, messy, and undesirable. The reason why it's usually unacceptable for white people to wear black hair styles like braids is because it's usually appropriation. When black women wear braids or our natural curls we're ratchet but when white people do it it's the newest trend. Braids and naps aren't a trend, they're our history.

• I'm just saying what my friend told me. She wears a weave and she said it's because her hair doesn't grow. I asked why and she said that its just a black girl thing. And I don't know where you live but advertisements here are filled with black girls sporting natural/curly hair. I see way more black girls than Latinas plus I have curly hair. It's just hair so I don't get the big deal. Black girls always try to claim curly being theirs when there are so many of us who have it and will get bitched at by POC when this is my natural hair and I'm not trying to "copy" them so they say.

• It's like they forget that Latina and even European girls have curly hair. 😒

• ove never heard anyone call black or white girls fake for wearing fake hair.

Actually, I've only heard men saying things like "why are women all fake? Fake nails, fake hair, make up" 😒😒

• White girls don't need extensions as much as black girls appear to, so that's why