Girls, Do you love yourself more when wearing makeup?

We live in a world where there is a very high standard for beauty. I've never really worn make up until now. I used to think I was perfectly fine the way I was. One day I had a school dance to go to and my mom did my makeup and everything and then I realized how pretty I looked. I started wearing makeup since then and I started to love myself less without makeup. I started feeling ugly. Like the only way I could be pretty was with a face full of makeup.

• I love myself more when I'm wearing makeup.
    31% (33)
  • I love myself equally with or without makeup.
    47% (51)
  • I've never worn makeup.
    17% (18)
  • Results
    5% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I do feel less confident without makeup. I don't wear much but it's just the truth. I used to be bullied and made fun of when I didn't wore makeup and people said that if I wore makeup I might look somehow decent. My self-esteem got crushed and now I'm just used to seeing my face with makeup. Maybe one day I feel confident without makeup but I'm not there yet.

What Girls Said 33

• I definitely feel more confident when I'm wearing makeup, even though I only use BB creme, mascara and lipstick. It really helps to feel less ugly. Not everyone can be a natural beauty. 😛

• I don't love myself more. Do I think I look a little prettier, sure? But feeling beautiful is very different than feeling love for oneself. To love yourself is to love the person you are beyond physical appearances.

• my perception of myself doesn't change much with makeup. I'm kinda just like 'yaasss we workin it', but not much more than that. i dont want this to come off the wrong way but i like my face without makeup.

• I don't wear makeup because I don't feel like I need to wear it. I'm not saying I have a great complexion and don't get pimples I'm saying that I just don't see the need for it. I find that its a waste of money and time. Other people can wear as much makeup as they please but I won't be one of them.

• I feel the same...

I don't love myself any less without it. I'm sure I look better with it but it's not like I should stay hidden away without it lol

• I wouldn't hide myself away without it, but it definitely makes me look better.

• Nope, I like to put NATURAL make up on occasions and rarely when I go out to visit someone, I only, put eyeliner and a gloss lipstick , but I don't love myself more when, I'm in make up, in my sisters b-day I put make up, and I exaggerated in it a bit 😅 I just didn't like it coz I didn't feel, it was ME.. It felt wired lol, so I got if off right away 😁😆

• i think of makeup as having dressing on ice cream. ice cream by itself is always great, but its even better with dressing. so i look good without makeup, and i look even better when i have some on. which i think is a pretty healthy way to think about it.

• I don't like wearing a lot of makeup honestly. I like a little powder sometimes, mascara and lip gloss. Sometimes I just wear a little black eye liner, mascara and lip gloss. I want my face to still look like my face with or without make up on. I just like to mix up my lip color sometimes with lip gloss and I think black eye liner goes with how I dress.

• I love myself more when I'm wearing makeup! Its just me feel flawless!

• Whilst I love how I look with makeup, I also love myself without it, sometimes I just look at my natural face and say "you're so pretty, doll!" I think you should start doing that. It's ok to love how you look with that makeup on but don't let it lower yourself esteem.

• I actually don't think I look right with makeup so I don't wear it.

• I don't wear makeup nor will I ever, it's disgusting.

• Yes I think my face is way prettier with makeup because it is, that is the basic concept of makeup. I don't love myself less whitout and I don't think I'm ugly, natural me just doesn't really compare to makeup me. Im fine with my natural given face, but when going out into the world I like to put my game face on.

• My love for myself is exclusive from my looks. I am, as are we all, so much more than that.

• Where's the "I love myself less when I'm wearing make-up." option? When I wear make-up, I feel very uncomfortable, because I worry about smudging or whether it's symmetrical or not, whether it's obvious that I'm wearing concealer etc. The only thing worse than having blemishes is when it's very obvious that you tried to conceal them. I feel more at ease without make-up and have higher self-esteem.

• I don't wear makeup.. :/

• I don't like makeup

• I feel pretty with makeup but I feel normal without it. Like without makeup on the weekend im like meh who cares but without it on at school im like i look horrible today ug! :D c what i mean?

• I've actually never worn makeup so I'm gonna say I love myself more without makeup.

I did pick option C though

• I love myself no matter what. I feel like the real world can't handle how beautiful I am naturally so I cover everything up with makeup until I'm home and comfortable.

• When I am wearing make-up, I feel more confident, and attractive. However, I have found myself wearing less, and less make-up lately. I think that's because of my boyfriend, who is always calling me beautiful with, and without make-up.

• I feel good with make up but i do not wear it a lot. Not every day.
    Make up is not a must for me.

• I just keep all my fruit peels and pits in a Tupperware container in the fridge and once a week, I blend them all up in the nutri-bullet and use them as a face mask :)

• I think I look better without makeup. I prefer to embrace my natural beauty that way I know if a guy is really interested in me. i want s guy to love me for me not what is on my face.

• No i fucking hate myself for wearing it😅 but that doesn't mean i look ugly i just don't like it and i think i Really don't need to wear it so😂😂😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Vote B, infact i prefer zero make up including no mascara

• Nope, I kind of get insecure in makeup.

• No, I'm a natural girl

• I love myself with or without makeup. I just look better with it.

• I hardly wear makeup unless it's a special occasion. When I do wear makeup, I don't think about myself any better or worse. lol

• More from Girls
    3