What does it take you to maintain your current look?

so iam just wondering what does it take you to maintain your look? for me i get told i am quite attractive and good looking , my girlfriend thinks that too... however no one knows the struggles i have to go through to remain this attractive , i eat very little most of the week cause if i dont i will gain weight fast and become overweight , also no sweets most of the time also i work out 3 times a week , always shower/brush teeth before going out, frequent trips to the barber to cut my hair and trim/teddy my beard, always wearing nice fitting clothes and looking my best 24/7 , body hair always trimmed short, perfumes, deodorants , always clean my teeth after eating and avoid eating infront of other so much if i can... and iam not really rich so... yeah... what about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• face: uv primer and sometimes lashes, blush & lip gloss
    hair: fragrance spray, bangs cut once a month
    body: perfume, jewelry, cute lingerie, elegant dresses, CHANEL handbags ♡
    skincare: immediately after showering at night i apply toner→serum→cream. very careful to avoid ethanol (alcohol denat.) and other harmful chemicals.
    i don't gain weight so no limits there, invested in laser hair removal years ago so don't have to worry about that...

sometimes i do a french clay masque.
    i want a steamer for my face*
    spa time at home ♡

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a very slow metabolism. I skip lunch almost every day and sometimes breakfast. I eat less than most people I know. But I still have what is essentially a beer belly, and I'm 18.

I don't workout though.
    I try to wear fitting clothes and I think I look hot in an XL long sleeve with the sleeves rolled up.

I maintain my hair pretty well. I used to have quite long hair so now that it's short I'm getting used to it.

I wear unscented (Mitchums) deodorant and no cologne except for special occasions. Cause then people are like "oooh, he's wearing cologne, must be important".

What Girls Said 32

• Lots of money. I buy a lot of clothes to stay current, and I'm plus size so my clothes are more expensive :P I also like good quality clothes.

I try to spend what I can on my hair, looking to spend more. I'm going to start getting it professionally coloured instead of doing it myself and go in for regular haircuts.

I'm a fairly low maintenance person, but I'm trying to change that. I'm looking at spending more money and doing more stuff. I usually only wear mascara, but I've started to wear powder foundation.

I'm also spending money on my teeth so they look flawless :)

I also spend money on perfumes and body lotions to keep my skin hydrated and smelling nice. I drink lots of water too.

• I'm a very wash-and-go woman. No products, chemicals or heat in my hair (no hairspray, mousse etc and I never blow dry or curl it, never dye it), my makeup routine is moisturizer with a dust of powder, mascara and liner with maybe a hint of shadow for a big day... no lipstick, just lip balm. I paint my own nails once a week. If I feel like I've gained weight, I cut out carbs for a week and am back to where I started.

Clothes are tougher; I'm very tall and have issues finding jeans suited for an hourglass figure that are long enough to reach my ankles. If I find a good fit, I get several colors of that brand. Otherwise, I don't have any costly clothes habits and have about 4 pairs of shoes for each season.

Brush teeth three times a day at least, shower at least once a day. I do love perfume, and my signature scent is the most expensive thing I put on daily.

• I work out at the home gym doing cardio 4-5x a week for about 1-2h followed by some bodyweight exercises.
    I also so martial arts and yoga although that's more for the purpose of maintaining mental healthy and gaining some self esteem.
    I'm a vegetarian and just naturally not a big eater so it's even hard to maintain my current weight and trying not to lose any more :/
    I wax my body hair and apply moisturising body lotion each time after showering, do facial masks and peelings every 1-2x a week and use classic Nivea creme on my face every morning. I also take a pill for healthy skin & hair each day and I currently have to go to the doctor once every 2 weeks to get iron infusions to treat my anemia (which will hopefully result in my looking healthier).
    And then of course the usual hair care with conditioner and olive oil..
    Wow, I just noticed I actually do a lot :O

• General female hygiene, go to the gym make sure my hair is nice and smells nice. Nail salon ever 10 days. I try to eat really well because of health reasons and if I eat like shit I will actually feel sick. I wear make up because I love to, know how to dress and SLEEP! Sleep does wonders for your looks. also lots of water

• I just brush my teeth and wash my face, I keep my hair clean and moisturized. My skin is really soft naturally but when I go out I make sure to put on lotion. Lol, I don't do anything special. I just look like myself, there's no extra efforts and I'm still as cute as a button. I don't need makeup or fancy clothes to be beautiful. It just happens naturally.

• hmm.. let's see.. I eat whatever I want.. whenever I want.. I take a shower everyday.. lol.. and brush my hair.. and brush my teeth twice a day. and i don't like long nails to I check them cuz they grow fast.. and I use moisturizers in winter.. and drink water.. and sleep.. and I do have to maintain my eyebrows.. that's all

• Diet: just try to not eat too many snacks. Luckily, at home we have no cookies, chips or candy.

Hygiene : shower almost everyday, brush my teeth everyday and use benzoylperoxide for my acne.

Face: wearing makeup everyday (except on lazy days). That includes BB-cream, concealer, mascara, eyebrow gel, tinting my lips a bit. Although my boyfriend likes me without makeup as well. Other than that, wearing contacts, but that's also because glasses are uncomfortable.

Hair: wash it almost everyday, brush it and a little hairspray.

Exercise : going to the gym about 2 times a week and bike about an hour everyday (although that's just my way of transportation).

• I am with u! I don't do much... maybe thats why I don't take get dates or any interested. Only on special occasion or when I feel pretty!

• I eat what I want, I walk on the weekends. Sometimes I brush my hair... I shower and brush my teeth and use deodorant, my friend trims my hair for me about twice a year... yep, that's about it.

Oh, I wash my face with very hot water, then very cold each morning to keep my skin clear.

• A fairly strict diet and exercise plan, an awesome metabolism, and six hours of sleep a night :p

• It doesn't take much.. I don't wear make up.. I don't keep up with the latest fashion..
    I get up, shower, blow-dry my hair find something easy and comfy to wear and thats it.

I put more effort into my appearance when I had a boyfriend but now that i'm single again I just can't be bothered with anything else..

• Basic hygiene should be a given as should hair cuts and shaving. If you really think that's a lot of work be thankful you're not female.

I don't straighten or curl or dye or do anything fancy to my hair but it is long and thick and hard to deal with, I wear very little makeup (concerlear and mascara) and I dress fairly basic, I occasionally paint my own nails but usually they're just unpainted. I'm extremely hygienic though.. really I'm not very high maintenance compared to a lot of girls

• I just take care of my hair, using a certain kind of shampoo and conditioner for the curls, I wash my face every time i shower for my acne, I shave whenever i feel i need to, i eat constantly but i brush my teeth every morning and night and I shower every day, also I dont always wear nice clothes or use perfumes.
    i just do what i feel comfortable with and i'm still hygienic and nice looking

• Run, sleep, eat lots of protein, good hygiene, lotion, carmex, a nice fitting outfit, a blow dryer, and maybe a trip to the strip club every now and again to keep things fun... oh and nothing to drink but water... and sometimes beer.

• Well,
    5 to 6 serious workouts a week
    No drinking, smoking or sun tanning
    Just started coloring my hair, that'll be about every 6 weeks
    Haircuts about every 3 months
    Shower 1 to 2 times daily
    I wear make-up most days but never never sleep in it
    Drink lots of water

• It sounds to me like you have an eating disorder.
    As for myself, 10 layers of makeup to hide my pizza face, a quart of coconut oil and mousse to keep my hair from going haywire, 30 minute to hour long workouts everyday, and a 1,350 calorie daily diet.

• I sleep, I shower, I practice basic hygiene. I eat like.. two meals a day. And I'm actively moving about (walking, bending, squatting, lifting, carrying heavy things, etc.) for 6 - 7.5 hours 5 days a week.

• Lol as an architecture student I am much more chill than you.
    With all the dues and stress, i dress baggy comfy clothes most of the time. Sometimes I stay with the same clothes for 2 3 days if I am overnighting etc...
    Like I am a complete mess during univ honestly ;p

• I take a shower and brush my teeth everyday. I eat whatever I want whenever I want. When I go outside I put on cc cream, and I do have to curl up my lashes so they're not poking into my eyeballs but that's pretty much it.

• I won't go into everything, but one of the things I do every day is slough off in the shower/tub. It makes your skin luminous, smooth to the touch, and younger looking.

• Just your everyday, general hygiene. I buy the cheapest makeup I can afford and wear thrift shop clothing. I'm young, inexperienced, and poor but it's all good. Sometimes, my wonderful mom will buy me clothes she thinks I will like.

I don't really work out since I have a high metabolism. I used to work at a hard-labour warehouse which I considered my gym, lol. I do try to eat healthy though.

• Brushing your teeth, eating healthy, getting haircuts...
    ^that's kind of the bare minimum isn't it? Nothing really to brag about...

• I eat what i want, a lot of sweets , and red meat but im still skinny
    i don't work much on my looks or style only in occasions

• Exercise and a semi strict diet.

• Well, showers, deodorant and brushing teeth. That's all I normally do. Sometimes I wear makeup, brush and style my hair and put on perfume. But that's not very often.

• I do cardio a lot, I take supplements , lots of it, like oils, and iron and vitamins , and drink four litres of water a day and I have to be sure free and I do a lot of face masks, just because they're therapeutic

• regular yoga session
    watch my diet
    good skincare routine and products

• God's help.

• Its all about discipline yourself of personal hygiene.

• I workout 12 hours a week, need an hour to 2 hours to get ready in the morning, brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, shower daily and more if I workout that day, I get my hair done every month and eat really healthy

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 19

• eat junk food.

take 25 mins to cut/line my hair

get my dirty ass in the shower

put a little wave grease in my hair

brush it for 5 mins total

and I'm set #lowMaintenance i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• At the moment a very strict diet to lose some weight but I am close to my ideal weight but I think to maintain it I will have to keep a strictish diet and be checking the scales everyday to know eat more or less in case I have to lose or gain weight to keep my ideal weight.

• I put in a ton of effort to reduce weight.

I don't really know if I am 'attractive' or not, but I just eat healthy. That's it!

• I'm a bodybuilder so it takes a lot of dedication to maintain my look. I eat correctly and train almost everyday for an hour. I always shave my body hair and I trim my legs and thighs with a buzzer. Pubes are shaved all the time.

I also take care of my skin. I have an oil free daily cleanser that I lather on with an electronic brush every morning and every night. On top of that I use a oil free moisturizing lotion that has SPF30. It's not expensive stuff at all but it works.

On top of all that. Drinking a lot of water does wonders.. I try to sleep as best as I can also.

• No breakfast, light lunch, big fat ass dinner that hits like a sack of bricks in the stomach.

Slight trimming on the facial hair after the morning shower. Other than that, no maintenance.

Yes, I realize women have it way harder than us guys most of the time in that regard.

• Light workout a few times per week. Shower, brush my teeth, beard oil- good to go.

• Morning routine

Shower, Shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer, comb+brush, hairspray, wax (some days), razor, toothpaste/brush, mouth wash, moisturiser, body spray, necklace, jeans, singlet, shirt, watch, kicks, smile.

In terms of diet and exercising.
    Every weekday1-2hrs of running.
    4 days a week 1-3hrs soccer practice.
    A ton of water, protein shakes sometimes.
    Food is my soft spot. I'll eat a lot of fruit and unhealthy junk.

• I work out and plan meals. But my hair lol, I only spend like 45 seconds on each morning.

• I have 8 hrs a sleep a night.
    Eat 3 main meals and eat two snacks in between. So
    breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.
    I get a haircut every month or so.
    I go gym 6 times a week with one day rest
    I go school tuesdays, Wednesdays and thursdays.
    Play videogames about 1-2hrs a day or sometimes none at all.
    I shower practically every day
    I do my eyebrows with tweezers regularly and shave every 5 days
    Etc.

• More than 30 mins on fixing my hair. My hair is thin so it gets messed up if some wind is blown at me. Yup after all that time everything that i have done is gone by a blow or 2 . Still , i look amazing when i am at home. Facial hair : Have to get a shave every 2-3 days bcz i look like shit when i let my facial hair grow. Clean my eyes every 1-2 hours to make sure they are not dirty. Fix my hairstyle whenever it starts looking bad. Personal hygiene is something that we all take care about bro...

• for me, i more or less wake up this pristine without any extra effort. Being sexy is a silent burden though, so i understand your plight all too well

• shower, sleep, basic hygiene, eating.

• eat well 5 times a day, lift 4 times a week, sleep 7 hours a night, drink 3 liters of water a day, get a haircut every 11 days

• Shit, Shower, and shave.

• A physical body.

• I workout five times a week and pig out like I mean it, weekend is junk food days and whatever new stouts my local watering hole has. So... It doesn't take much since I workout for sport rather than for a look.

• A monthly visit to the hairdresser's. That's it.

• i put no effort im just flawless

• I don't really do it to look good for other people by thinking about it I do quite a lot. Expensive clothes, after shave, shave every couple days, face wash and exfoliate to get rid of marks etc, moisturiser, train 5-6 days a week, clean teeth a lot and mouthwash, shower 2 a day. I think I am classed as high maintenance tbh lmao