My hair is so damaged and it doesn't grow. Do I have to cut it off? Help?

So basically my hair is really damaged to the point where it hasn't grown in months. I've tried to use formulas and every product on the shelf. I've tried to eat healthy but nothing has changed. It looks so ugly and messy. It doesn't grow and I hate it. I just tie it up in a bun every day but I'm getting tired of it. Is the only solution to cut off my hair? If I cut it short will it grow again and be healthy? Is this the only option I have to cut it short?

Most Helpful Guy

• Had a look on google for advice maybe this link will help also the others who tell you to talk to your hairstylist are giving good advice as well.
    www.livestrong.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all look so pretty! Secondly it doesn't look damage and you should try oil or actual go to a salon and ask they might be better to assis u better than anyone here.

• If I go to the salon, will they help or will they just want to cut my hair and make money from me?

• Its your choice! I think it looks good but then again I am not there to actually feel it.

• Haha yes thank you any way. It's horrible I hate it now

What Guys Said 1

• Ask your hairstylist what they suggest you should do. Tell them your hair feels damaged and you feel it hasn't grown in a while.
    They should suggest something like deep conditioning treatments.
    Be honest with them in products that you have used that damaged your hair. Like excessive blow drying or using a flat iron with no heat protection.

• Yes I've not long got back from my hairstylist. She said I've got the most damaged hair she's ever seen and she not sure if she can save it

• Yes she did. Just said might as well cut it all off as it might be easier and I'll have healthier hair afterwards

• Good luck with any decision you choose

What Girls Said 3

• Have you talked with your hairdresser about your options?

• No what do I say?

• I'm worries about my hair since it doesn't seem be growing and feels damaged. What do you suggest?

• Cut off the split ends. Put heat protection products before you use heat, which you 'd better avoid. wash them with a shampoo and conditioner for damaged and dry hair. do a hair mask once a week. Put hair oil on your ends

• Nooooo.

Use hair products designed for "black hair". Most will pretty much save any white women who has severely damaged hair.

• I've used so many hair products and none of them have worked

• I've tried many olive oil products and now haven't worked

• Go to a hair salon and ask for a deep conditioning treatment.