Are girls into guys that are geeky?

just to clarify the definition of geek it is a person that likes a thing to a point that it is some what obsessive ex. Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Manga, and anything you can think of.

Most Helpful Girl

• How obsessive is obsessive? I mean, if you're in your 20's and your room is covered in Star Trek posters and your closet consists of costumes, then that's too much.

But if you just happen to enjoy reading/watching those things, then fine. Whatever floats your boat. As long as you have other interests as well

What Girls Said 16

• if I like a guy, I like a guy. period. doesn't matter what he likes. as long as he's also open to everything I like, then I'm glad to learn about his hobbies. my boyfriend plays WOW, I even tried it out to see what it was like, not really my thing, but it wasn't terrible.

• Haha, I know too many geeks but never date one before! It really depends! Like my bff, she's really, really into the Japanese culture and Animes so sometimes our conversations gets really dull and boring when she keeps going and going about the same subject! But my other bff, he's in loveeeeeeeee with Michael Jackson and he's a pretty awesome and understanding guy when it comes to serious talks! So let's say, it really depends on what type of "geek" he or she is. Really, everyone is one of a kind just one category can't fit in a bunch of beautiful (or weird) people! Hahas! :)

• I am into a guy with a good personality and isn't a jerk. I went out with this guy that is a geek. he is into star wars and that sort of stuff, he broke up with me over a text message. ever since then I have avoided 'geeks'. they can be good people or bad people. I do not really care if a guy is a geek or whatever genre or style but I do care if he is nice and has ethics/ a good personality etc. a good personality/ having a heart overrides whatever he's into

• Yeah, well I mean as long as they are not the socially inept, vaguely creepy type. :P

But I do tend to go for geeky guys. Not like, especially into them, exactly, but guys I like often do have a... geek factor? Haha.

• of course, id take a geeky guy over some big shot quarterback any day, they know how to treat girls well and are usually funnier as well as a lot sweeter

my boyfriend at the time is this amazing violinist and gets straight As and is in all advanced placement courses. at the same time he's attentive and kind and I have yet to meet someone who doesn't find his sense of humor or happy disposition endearing

hope that helped!

• Hmm, lets see.. You had me at Star Wars.

Any guy who likes Star Wars is "into" material, in my opinion.

I mean, that means you would understand me xp

I have gotten into serious arguments over different Star Wars related things.

I even stopped talking to one of my friends for a week because she refused to admit Luke Skywalker was NOT the chosen one.

So yeah, geeky guys are cool (:

• As long as this "geek" had an interest in me, had conversations that did not simply revolve around the same topics all the time (unless they also happened to be my passion, but I doubt it). There are many types of geeks. A well rounded geek is good lol. A geek that has difficulty veering from limited topics of comfort, not good. But that’s just me.

• depends on the girl, depends on why he's such a geek.

I myself like "geeks". (I kinda am one one myself ^_^) I have a thing for guys who are really smart (but modest about it)... unintelligence gets boring. it's nice to have someone I can share an intelligent convo with. Also, I absolutely ADORE things which are often labeled nerdy, like star wars, harry potter, ect.

And, glasses tend to be a turn on. lol

well anyway to answer your question, though, like anything, everyone is different. There will always be things some people like that others don't. Same goes for people and who we connect with.

• I'm in to geeky guys. But I've noticed that they aren't totally aware of the girls that dig them. I think geeks are cute. I love all of the above. Manga is the top one. I read free tho on onemanga.com lol. But if its good then damn straight I'll buy it. Not so much star trek... but dammit Transformers and Dragon Ball Z look out for me! That is my loves~!

• sure..theres nothin wrong wrong with a star wars..or any thing else kind of guy..but if I like you then I don't care what you are into or what you are obsessive over.. =- )

• Is that geeky? You could end up being called a collector if you also collect stuffs like that.

Anyway, that is ok I think and I don't see anything wrong unless you love those stuffs more than anything else in this world. Then you're not a geek but insane! All the best!

• Girls aren't a different species. Some girls like it, some don't. It's just like asking the question

"Do guys like the color orange"

Some do and some don't.

I like geeky guys :3

But... They also have to have a certain interest in other things.

And not really anime.. I associate weird things with anime guys no offense.

• Not creepy I have no other life or social skills geek... But you'd be surprised how many girls are fans too and aren't total losers. Just beware, if they tell you the star wars prequels kick ass and wasn't that guy from princess diaries in a star movie? BACK AWAY SLOWLY ;)

• yeah.. sexy!

• I certainly am, they are hotter then other guys because they tend to be more interesting

• geeky girls like them

personally I'm not into guys like that, but the geeky guys I've seen that do date, are dating fellow geeky girls that share interests with them

What Guys Said 4

• depends on what kind of personality you have to go with. I love reading fantasy books, computer games, warhammer, sci-fi movies etc, but I also have a pretty good sense of humor and like acting childish which goes well with my humor. in first year of university my dorm room always had girls in it (I got laid by a couple and still keep in contact with 90% of them), and all id do is play computergames or read. some times I wouldn't even look at them. not that iwas being rude I still talk and joke with them etc I guess what I'm trying to get across is that being a geek does make you a bit different to your run of the mill joe but you still have to be engaging for girls to like you.

• I think not to any significant degree, or else all men would act like geeks.

• Nope. I love Star Wars, Manga, Anime, Video Games, and like Lord of the Rings. Chicks don't dig me.

• Nerds attract pretty females. I am nerd.

"There is no chance to survive... make your time." -Catz