Is this too much makeup in your opinion?

For a 16 year old in high school. Foundation (two types), concealer (two types), primer, illuminator, eyebrow gel, mascara, natural eyeshadow, lipgloss.

Most Helpful Guy

• The idea of makeup is to put enough to enhance your attributes not make yourself look like a clown. Thus, when you are finished, if it looks like you don't have that much make up on, then you are good.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the makeup doesn't sound that much at all. If it's what make you feel confident , do what works for you Hun.

• Also Don't let what other girls are what THEY wear bother you , if you need concealer to cover your blemishes that is perfectly fine just blend them out. Some people forget different type of makeup works for THEM.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes wayyyyyy too much. I'm not going to lie and tell you that all natural is the way to go, because you will be competing against women who are wearing makeup. But i think girls look great with just mascara, eyeliner, and maybe a little something to patch up acne or even skin tone if necessary. That way its not too dissapointing when she takes it off because she doesn't look drastically different.

• I think the girls you think have little makeup on actually wear a lot more makeup than you think. Some girls just do it so well so you couldnt see that they as well wear primer, concealer, bronzer etc. ☺ it sounds so much but most of these products are invisible, for instance they help smoothen the skin and fill poreholes.

• Well its OK until you don't look like this...

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

• sounds like too much makeup. but a pic would help... but yeah it sounds like too much

• Women don't need makeup in general, what do you think? lol! ;)

• Too much? No. It's just good practice.

• I don't know what that mean but if you have time then your fine

• Too much for an any year old.

• Way too much. You'll need a trowel to remove all that. When it comes to makeup, less is more.

What Girls Said 43

• You're really young-so theoretically, your skin should be bright already. However, I had bad acne in high school. So, I think it's ok to use foundation and concealer.

I think foundation, mascara, blush (not even needed for a lot of girls), a little eyebrow gel (no stupid on fleek look), concealer, and maybe a light stain or gloss is very age and school appropriate.

I'll show some examples

i.ytimg.com/vi/zotyLtmiWYs/maxresdefault.jpg

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../14.08.12+Blogpost+700.jpg

jenniesusan.files.wordpress.com/.../...-school.png

imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/.../...hes-1439838624.jpg

I think in high school you shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes to get a natural look, however, the look should look natural because it's highschool, not the Oscars. So, why not just wear less?

I'm a junior in college, and it takes me about 6 minutes to do all my make up. I wear an easy matte eye look (2 colors), mascara, a lip/cheek duo, sometimes highlighter, and sometimes brow gel.

www.thedressychick.com/.../IMG_08251-1016x1024.jpg Similar to this, but no eye liner. Plus, oh my god, she's so gorgeous! I'm currently on her channel cursing the gods, haha.

• It's really hard to guess without a picture. Do you enjoy wearing that much? Does it cause you to miss out on sleep or other activities?

At the end of the day it's your face, time, energy, and money so you're really the only one who gets to decide.

• If its quite natural looking then yeah, sure.
    As long as it does not look like dis:
    assets.myshowroom.se/.../fjort.png

• You're 16! Enjoy your youthful fresh face while you can :) but wear whatever the heck you want, it's your body! I would say, you're better off at the age you are now, maybe just wearing a light concealer - you don't need that much foundation because your skin is young. Just make sure you're washing your face every day and moisturising and you won't need so much foundation. You'll be using makeup for your whole adult life, I use mine to cover my dark circles and scars, so enjoy young sling while you still can.

• It's a little bit much in my opinion, but ultimately it's her decision.

• Do you have acne / acne scars or other blemishes? If so, then the foundations, primer, and concealers are okay... otherwise just the eyebrow gel, eye shadow, and illuminator seem a bit extra but could look natural if you're going for that.

• I don't think you need both types of foundation or concealer, or the illuminator or eyebrow gel. Unless you have bad acne or dark circles under your eyes, you shouldn't need concealer at all. I think you can just go with a light BB cream or powder to cover up any flaws, some mascara on your lashes and a tinted chapstick should be all you need for a natural look.

• it really doesn't depend on how many products you use it depends on how much of each product you apply. You can get away with all of those products and create a very natural look. I would have to see a picture :)

• Yes it is too much, when I was 16 all I used was a light lipgloss, mascara and pencil eyeliner, at most some powder and blush, but I'm 20 and don't even use as much make up!

• Nothing is too much, do whatever the hell you want with your appearance and don't let anyone tell you that you can't.

Of course, I'm assuming your high school dress code doesn't limit makeup.

• Yes it is. Plus all the time to put it on, and all the money you have to spend... Ewwk what an awful way to waste time and money.

• Instead of eyeblow gel you can spray your eyebrows brush with some hairspray. If your face is oily you don't need a primer. An illuminator is useful only if you want to contour. and why 2 types of foundation and concealer?

• Yeah thats a little too much. I would just wear a powder, concealer for under eyes, eyebrow gel, natural eye shadow, mascara, and tainted lip balm.

• You're 16, what on earth have you done to your face to warrant so much paint?

No, take it off. You're in school, no make up will be fine.

• no ur fine

• do whatever you want, that kind of stuff isn't that noticeable. but its so much effort. X. X usually i just do some eyeliner, foundation, and a touch of lipstick. if thats what you like to do, and you don't mind the time and effort it takes to put it together, than go for it and don't let anyone stop you.

• No its not too much. Considering that most of these products are natural and only help you cover up some imperfections. But when someone starts using makeup to change the whole shape and structure of the face it's bad. And also if you manage to find the exact same shade and color on your facial products, there shouldn't be any problems ☺

• Girl I'm 18 and all I wear is mascara 😂😂 I can't girl but if you like it sure but let your skin breathe sometimes

• Yes, yes it is.

• yea... that's too much for school

• 1. Why would you need to wear 2 types of concealer and foundation.
    2. Do you really need to wear eyebrow gel and illuminator to school. It seems unnecessary.

• As long as you put it on right, not at all. I used to get teased or wearing makeup and by the time everyone else started wearing it, I was already good at it. You probably don't need all of those products but if it works for you then keep it up!

• Definitely. Its not good for your skin either. Just go for some BB cream and mascara, and eyebrow gel if you really need it.

• not at all! just watch to make sure you don't look clownish and your skin stil looks like your skin don't let you foundation get Cakey. and you have natural looking eyes shadow so you should look over bearing so don't worry :)

• That is a lot. You shouldn't need a lot of make up. You are pretty on the inside and out :)
    Try wearing only one of the foundation and concealers and then maybe use eyeliner and a natural eye shadow and mascara. Don't use too much. You don't need it.

• No not really.
    I wear foundation, a lot of eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, eyebrow eyeshadow stuff, and lipstick

• no thats not too much. i mean im kind of confused about why there are 2 foundations and 2 concealers, but it sounds like a natural look.

• Yes, where is your face under all that just kidding. You should ease up a bit if I were you. Makeup cases the skin to age and you don't want to look 50 at 35

• This is a lot of make up. You can just replace all that foundation and concealer with a bb cream. That will cut down on time and still even out your skin tone.

• Not in this day in age. Maybe a little much for everyday (Damn, that's dedication!), but once in awhile wouldn't hurt.

• More from Girls
    13