I just came from Singapore to NYC, and I was told to wear thermal underwear but I find I get hot indoors. Is that normal?

How do you locals do it? Will I just get used to it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never thought of that - I would have just recommended thermal underwear for the cold weather forgetting you would be indoors as well so I think the layers idea mentioned by one of the responders is probably best idea then you can delayer when you are indoors.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're going to get used to the cold. It's not practical to wear thermal underwear everywhere (and you should only do it if you're spending a lot of time outside).

You should dress in layers instead: a couple of shirts and sweaters with a scarf, hat and mittens in addition to a good winter coat. This way, you can easily take layers off as you warm up indoors.

• Thanks! I was told to just wear them and I've been wearing them all week but I get so warm once I'm inside! I'm going to school so I'm mostly inside. I just thought I have to get used to them?

• Oh, goodness, no. There might be a few days a year where it's extremely cold and you might be alright indoors, but layering sweaters is a far better idea.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, dem thermals make you sweat like a ma'fucka.

• Depending on the time of year wear them

• Yeah everyone told me to wear them, but I find I`m getting so hot by the end of the day maybe I`m just not used to them?

• Maybe its not that time of year, wait for December or January, I live in MA and its really fucking cold sometimes

What Girls Said 2

• New York City isn't cold enough to require thermal underwear, that's more for states like Maine, Wisconsin and Minnesota where it regularly gets down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe you'll feel colder than most people because you're used to really hot weather, but right now you probably just need a regular outfit with a light jacket.

• You will get used to them, especially now that it's getting colder!