How can I make this dress look "tougher"?

How can I make this dress look

So my school's homecoming dance is Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm going to go because I have no clue what to wear. I bought the dress in the picture a few months ago when I went shopping with my friend. I forced myself to buy a dress so that I could be more ladylike and have something to wear to events. So I bought that dress. At the time it seemed like a good idea. I never wore it because all my events got cancelled. It's just been sitting in my closet. So homecoming is approaching and my mom refuses to take me shopping so I whipped this out of the back of my closet. Now that I've actually looked in the mirror at myself I realize that I look like a frilly fru fru ball of girliness. I'M A TOMBOY! Black is my favorite color! I don't really even like pink. When I bought the dress I bought a necklace exactly like the one in the pic but it's colors match the dress. I need a way to make this dress look a little more my style. Maybe some black heels, or a black necklace instead, or a jacket? Something! Maybe even a spiked ear cuff. I just need to make it a little less girly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Rip it up a bit, add a bit of camo, handguns, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, so I have a few suggestions that might help out a bit :)

Black heels are good, but do you have black sneakers? They will be both more comfortable and also give you that tomboy feel that is natural to your sense of style. You could also try some combat style boots too.

I also agree with going for a black jacket, or something similar that would help offset the floral dress. You could also opt for a cropped denim jacket in place of the black jacket, and put buttons, pins and patches on the jacket (if that's something you like). Even a vest would work as well :)

I would go for more edgy accessories. A cute bow tie necklace, or a chain necklace will help change up the look.

Hopefully this helps! I think you should go, because it's a good memory and experience. I never regret going to any of my dances. Even when I didn't feel I had the coolest outfit there. At every dance there is going to be someone who spends a whole bunch of money on their outfit (which they may only wear once!) and it doesn't make them have a better time.

Go out, have fun and spend time with your friends. You are only this age for so long so enjoy it while it lasts!

What Guys Said 3

• Sorry, I have no real advice to offer, but I have to hand it to you on the description of yourself. ..

"A frilly fru fru ball of girliness"... lol

• That's the only way I could describe it.

• Pair it with construction steel toe boots ☺️

• mmmm looks good on that model ;)

What Girls Said 7