Is it feminine if a guy dyes his hair?

also not a ridiculous color I would only dye it a dark color

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. I tell my brother to dye his hair to thicken it he won't do it cause he thinks it's not manly, so silly.

• how exactly does it work? like what are the advantages and disadvantages of dying your hair?

• If you just match your color or stay close to it, it just thickens it and makes it look nicer lol they even have semi-permanent ones that wash out little by little.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's pretty gay

• that's how I feel dude but my hair is a light brown and I think this color is pretty gay for a guy too

• what are you talking about? a lot of dudes have light brown hair. maybe you just look kinda gay... ouch. that came off a lot meaner than i intended :D

• nah what I mean is that, I would look much better with darker hair.

my skin color is a light tan and light brown doesn't do at it with all.

my dad and brothers all have super dark hair I'm so jealous

What Girls Said 7

• no, it isn't feminine. Though, if you decide to dye your hair, you 'll have to know how to care for them, and dye them once a month, so that your natural colour isn't showing in the roots

• No, why would it be?

• No, I think it's fine. It's unusual I guess and I'd ask why he wanted it darker but I'd be totally ok with it.

• medium brown doesn't suit my skin color lol

• not feminine its his choice

• No... it's pretty normal

• course not

• I wouldn't consider it feminine, but many people would.

What Guys Said 5

• What if they have rainbow hair?

• I'd say so, it looks dreadful on dudes. The only "reasonable" explanation I could see a guy dying his hair is if he hates gray hair, but otherwise you should avoid it since you'll look like a clown. That's chick stuff man.

• Not in my opinion.

• Anything a girl does is "feminine" these days. Woop, we better stop breathing!

• I think it's a bit girly but I know plenty of dudes who do it, it's just part of their thing, live and let live over stuff like that.