Why do some very wealthy men not care too much about looks when they are looking for a wife?

Examples include Mark Zuckerberg who dated an average looking woman who had many miscarriages abd could not provide him with a child for most of the relationship.

Another example is John Lennon who left his gorgeous wife to date an average looking japanese girl with an accent and average intelligence.

And I knew a guy who made more money than a surgeon and while potentially dating anybody he wanted - he chose a girl that was both ugly and extremely unhappy to be his wife.

Why do some guys do this? Is it because when beautiful girls are easy to find - they lose their value to them?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it is because beautiful people tend to have horrible personalities. We rich men want to date equals. Not just beautiful women. If you can't match me intellectually then I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe it's because they're not so superficial that they are overly concerned with looks, and judge people by their character?

• They most probably have been with many beautiful girls and they are disappointed from them, so they want to try something else and they hope that the less beautiful girls have better personality

• I understand. It's because they crave for internal intimacy more than physical appearance.

It's like the feeling where when you're horny then you want the hot person, but after you cum you immediately regret it.

But when you are emotionally connected to someone then you look past their flaws because you love them.

What Girls Said 3

• I think Mark Zuckerberg was dating his wife before he was rich, which means a lot. And she's smart and kind

I don't know much about yoko ono but there must have been something about her since she supposedly broke up the Beatles.
    Anne Boleyn was said to be not extraordinary good looking either. Point being, look aren't everything

And yes I do believe being able to get every beautiful girl you want, teaches you to value character over beauty

• My mum is gorgeous.

• I don't know the only ones that have any idea of why they do things is the person themself and even then they don't even quite know why they do the things they do.