Do women look better with makeup?

I've heard so many guys complaining about how women wear too much makeup, yet when they go makeup-free they get 'gross her skin looks disgusting' 'no wonder she wears makeup' what is your honest opinion?

• Women look better with makeup
  • Women look better without makeup

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not one or the other. I think most women look beautiful with out it, but that doesn't mean that they are not attractive with it too, when done right. When it is super caked on, that's when it is unattractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course we look more perfect with makeup, that's why it was invented, but I still think they're is something very beautiful about the flawed, imperfect face of a natural woman.

• Thanks for MHO : )

What Guys Said 41

• Yes, yes and yes! Women do look better with the right make up. The key here is having just the right amount at the right places. Too much of it and you will look artificial and even revolting to some guys. Too little or just none at all and you will look average at best and most guys will look over you to some other women.

Guys who are saying they don't like make up don't actually know what they are talking about. In fact, most men have no idea what make up can do.

As a man, I'd say the best make up is the one that I can hardly notice. The make up would be like a natural feature of the woman and not like some pasty stuff she painted on her face. It blends naturally with her but at the same time gives her a different look.

You know the lips gloss that some women use? Well, if she did it right, I wouldn't be able to get my brain away from those lips. In fact, my mind just went blank when I look at them and the only thing I could think about was those lips.

• I prefer girls who don't wear make up. I recently dated a girl who wore a lot of make up when she went out because she was self conscious, and sure, she looked beautiful. But I never thought she looked better than when she wasn't wearing any. I can handle skin that isn't perfect. At least it's real, as opposed to being attracted to something that isn't a part of the girl's body.

But on the other hand, just like there are unattractive men, there are also unattractive women. Those girls who those guys talk about looking horrible without make up, they're just not attractive women.

• ' when they go makeup-free they get 'gross her skin looks disgusting' 'no wonder she wears makeup' '

ok, so from what I've witnessed when I see girls I am familiar with not wearing make-up I feel shocked / surprised at how different they sometimes look. it's like if someone you were very familiar with suddenly cut their hair short and completely transformed their appearance. the result is that the woman judges your physical reaction to her almost naked exposure as some sort of repulsion. this is not necessarily the case. the man is often adjusting himself to a more realistic appreciation of the woman's beauty the way it actually is.

but the thing is that, more women need to go without make-up so that men develop a more subtle appreciation of natural beauty again.

the truly beautiful women do not need make-up anyway. women that are not attractive, it doesn't really make them suddenly look attractive, sad to say.

what I will say about make-up is that often it causes acne, blemishes, and pale skin since the woman has less contact with sunlight. this 'pale skin' quality is often what makes a woman's face look so stark and harsh once the make-up is removed. overdone, make-up can also make a woman look very plastic, if not downright trashy.

• Yes, women do look better with makeup (if it is done well), BUT it doesn't mean that they don't look beautiful without it. Makeup can give someone a more polished look, but not wearing it won't make someone less attractive, at least not to me.

Something I really loved about the woman I was last involved with was that she'd wear makeup only on dates or special occasions... I love her natural face, but when she put on makeup she was stunning and made me enjoy her face even more on those special days.

I don't mind if a woman wears if every day though, as long as it isn't too much. I also dont mind if she wears none at all.

• If I can see their makeup, then I typically don't like it.

Some exceptions do exist, though most of those are minimalistic. Just a bit of mascara, and NO mascara on the bottom eyelashes. That just makes girls look like they have spiders for eyes.

s3.zoochat.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../..._-83291.jpg

favim.com/.../...keup-mascara-Favim.com-110638.jpg

• " I've heard so many guys complaining about how women wear too much makeup, yet when they go makeup-free they get 'gross her skin looks disgusting' 'no wonder she wears makeup'.

We wouldn't have to go through that as guys if y'all didn't hide behind "war-paint" every day... all day on average now would we? Instead, we're forced to see a "FAKE ___" looks wise. Which is where the problems lay IMHO and also why we as guys are so "shocked" to see how y'all "really" look.

I chose B since I'd rather see acne/her skin complexion over something that's "fake".

• I have a health issue , and my skin tone is bad , my arms legs and other body parts are okay but my face and my necks are either pale or yellowish (i don't have acne though) so i always wear foundation (enough to correct my tone) if i don't people think i'm veeery sick or i'm about to faint , there is a difference between trying to make myself look veery pretty (and end up fake) and trying to look like everybody else...

• @justanotheruserI stand corrected.. I see your point ^_^

• @justanotheruser I'm not sold whatsoever, there's nothing to "correct" on your tone just because you're a bit more pale than other people

• It's not either/or.

The alternative to this (too much makeup):

pbs.twimg.com/.../jpkvdT3X.jpeg

Does not have to be this (though she does look better than the first girl):

beautyinthebigcity.files.wordpress.com/.../dsc01522.jpg

You can take the middle ground and keep it simple like this:

i.ytimg.com/vi/kMWRaYzi6x4/maxresdefault.jpg

• How is that middle ground. That's total face coverage, aka, total fake.

• this is fucking retarded if they're not the same girl

• @I_Own_You

No it's not lol. The girls don't need to be the same if I'm only showing examples of a style of makeup.

If you can't tell that these are all different girls, you shouldn't even be expressing an opinion on makeup because you're obviously completely blind.

• Yes, they do look good, it does enhance their looks and facial features but the make up should be done in an expertly manner.

• Of course yes... if it made people look worse then there wouldn't be much of a market for it...

• Women usually look better with makeup. But I still prefer them without any makeup at all. I'd guess that approximately half the women I've dated didn't wear any, or they did very rarely, like a few times a year.

• Girls look great with some makeup. It should complement, contour and accentuate facial features, never replace lol

• Women wear makeup because heir mothers wear makeup. How many boys do you see wear makeup? Almost no boys, girls take after their mother usually, and sneak into the mothers bathroom and puts on all the makeup she can find.

Girls never really give themselves the chance to find out what guys think of them without makeup.

Some look good both ways, others only look good with it, but then again that's just based on an individual's attraction to certain types of faces

• Most women look a little better with makeup.
    Some women look just as good with or without makeup (my crush).

• Yes they sure do

• Of course women look better with makeup. But makeup isn't permanent. We say we don't want women to wear makeup so that we know what we are getting into.

• It's always better without make up or without much make up.

Make up can make a woman look like a completely different person and with lots of different variations of her make up, I'd become confused - I wouldn't know which one is the real one

• The truth is this - men thinks women look the best when they're completely without makeup, and after a month of intensive, twice daily bikram yoga sessions.

Unfortunately, nobody has time to do bikram yoga twice a day for a whole month. So instead, the next best option is women with makeup that makes them look like they've done bikram yoga twice a day for a month.

Unfortunately, this isn't easy to do either, so that's why there is not going to be a clear cut answer to your question.

• I prefer no makeup at all. A natural face is the best face.

• Yes women look better with a (well done) makeup job, similar to how photo enhancement software (used well), looks better than the default photo!

• I prefer all natural tbh, but that's up to them whether or not they want to or feel they look better with make up on

• Okay well this is an age old question. You know how we always say we like girls without makeup? I think the true answer is we like makeup BUT natural looking. Just don't cake it on 😃

• Women most certainly do look better with makeup. Most men who state otherwise are deluding themselves or trying to be nice.

• The problem is that make p is bad for your skin.

People that use daly make up will get uglier skin. So itt will be more visible when it's removed.

People that use lotions, eat wel, and other natural solutions have great skin all life.

• Without make up, of course, natural beauty rules.

• If a girl wears makeup, it should be rather minimal. And it depends on the circumstances. If she's going to some sort of formal event, then makeup should be okay. Otherwise, she doesn't need makeup.

• I mean, yes they do they hide blemishes and things, not saying they don't look beautiful without it though! :)

• I can't recall a single time that a guy commented negatively about a girl's skin. Seriously.

• "Does a car look better when it's cleaned, waxed, and polished?"

• That largely depends on the woman and how skillful she is at applying it.

• Wearing makeup is like wearing a mask... I mean what are you trying to cover up?

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 27

• These are old photos from last year, but for comparison sake:

We have makeup:
    http://i.imgur.com/Dua1HzE.jpg

And we have no makeup:
    http://i.imgur.com/nXEonmA.jpg

I think I hold the same level of attractiveness in both photos.

• Honestly except for your expression, I can see no difference. You're beautiful, and your eyebrows are my life goals.

• I see the difference in the photos (you look like you are wearing lip gloss as well) but you look fabulous in both! And 1000% agree with the eyebrows.

• @snowangle Nope lol my lips were just wet. I play with / bite my lips too much to wear anything on them.

• I know personally I don't look bad without make up but my skin looks more red underneath and I look tired. I think make up is wonderful! It allows people to accentuate what they want and if they feel ike they look better with it, they are more confident which makes the whole of them look better! I like make up and I say yes to make up.

• I voted look better without, but let's be honest, it depends on the woman and it depends on the style and amount of make up and her make up skill level.

A lot of women overdo the make up and either don't know how to blend it well so it appears more natural-looking, or even if they are super talented it's just too much and they no longer look like REAL people. That's a turn off for a lot of guys because they right away wonder "what does she actually look like?"

Personally, I do not wear make up very often. When I do, I try not to overdo it. Usually, when I do wear it, it's just a bit of eyeshadow and mascara and/or eyeliner to make my eyes pop. About 2 or 3 times a year, for special occasions, I will wear full face make up... but even my special occasion "full face" is less than a lot of women's daily routine lol When I go "full face", it's the eye makeup I just described, plus some light, well-blended foundation, bronzer, blush and highlighting powder. When I'm done with it, you really can't tell I'm even wearing skin make up and that's how it is supposed to look. It just makes my skin look smoother and very, very, VERY light contouring/highlighting softens up my features.

• for the most part, a woman that knows how to do her makeup in a way that still looks natural, will look better with it on.

however, OBVIOUSLY if she is borderline drag queen looking, it'd appear much worse than her natural beauty.

all about them skills.

• Women have worn make up since the Egyptian pharaohs ruled over the sands. Make up has played a role in enhancing the female features, the feminine look for ages and this hasn't changed but the desire to be acknowledged without it has. I have never worn anything more than mascara and I don't really need to hide or conceal my lesser attractive features simply because I don't have any. I love the way I look and got nothing to hide. Got a pimple? Screw it.

• Obviously. Otherwise we wouldn't use it.

• Obviously make up can hide skin flaws, can give your face an appealing shape, and make your eyes look bigger which has been shown to be a key factor in what people find attractive.

• I think that it is perfectly okay to have light natural makeup on a normal basis. If a woman wants to occasionally wear more than that, she can.

• I think a little bit of makeup is good.. just to show that a girl cares about her looks.. on some special occasion.. too much looks bad..

• I look better with make-up on!

• Id say always wear makeup! Cause guys don't even bother looking your way when u don't wear any! And they don't really know what they're talking about, I've heard guys saying that Kim Kardashian doesn't wear makeup ! but then again don't overdo it! Like Kim K

• Some do, i look better without.. but maybe thats because i dont know how to apply it lol I think im super cute without, some people might think i need it.. but most women look better without in my opinion

• some women look better without makeup, especially naturally beautiful women who don't really need to be fixing anything up.

• They look better with make up

• I just think that the natural look is everything, I don't want to place layers on my face to call myself pretty, going out with less makeup or no makeup at all show confidence

• I think it really depends on he woman wearing the makeup and the person applying the makeup.

• Without makeup but if you absolutely need it i would recommend it always showing the world with your beauty bc one day some one will see something so beautiful or special none like to be lied to especially beauty

• Women look better with makeup until they over do it

• Girls look better with makeup on. I know I do,

• BUT women look better with make up ONLY WHEN IT LOOKS NATURAL.

• it depends I never wear makeup but I usually wear Chapstick or lipstick

• I don't think guys know what "natural" makeup is lol. There have been quite a few times that I've told guys I was wearing makeup and they said "What! No you're not!"

Foundation, brown eyeliner, and clear mascara are my go-to everyday choices. If I want to dress up a little more, I'll use black or purple eyeliner and add a subtle lip gloss.

In any case, I agree with the Most Helpful girl. I like the polished look of a girl with makeup, but the imperfections of a girl without makeup are also very beautiful.

• I never wear makeup. I think it takes too much time in the morning.

• I think just minimum make up can improve on someone's looks. Like just mascara can make the eyes pop and might make them look a bit better.

• It depends how the woman looks natural.

• The question is what do your S. O prefer?

• Men don't know what they want