Green eyes....are they not eligible for the stereotypical "you have the most beautiful eyes" compliment?

All of my friends were talking about how guys compliment their eyes quite a bit and while I know that this is a cliche and quite frankly an unoriginal compliment to give...I started to wonder why I have never been complimented on my eyes.

So what color eyes do you typically compliment? Or what about a particular set makes you think they are more beautiful than others?

Most Helpful Guy

• My current gf, one of my exes, and a former crush of mine all have green eyes and I think they're gorgeous. But I've also been in love with a girl with brown eyes and one with blue eyes, and I don't think I have any preference.

Maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe you mostly know guys who are uncomfortable repeating cliches :)

What Guys Said 3

• I love green eyes! They are some of the most beautiful for sure. I really just love all colors of girls' eyes, but green especially.

• Maybe they just don't compliment yours because they don't want to be told that they're cliché and unoriginal. Pre-emptive inaction that we can all believe in!

• i love green eyes and prefer them. theyre just rare and hard to find. especially if she's a red. since I loved the red's

What Girls Said 3

• I have green eyes and I've never been lacking for compliments on them. If you wear makeup, try using colors that enhance the green in your eyes to make them pop more. Browns, black, purples, pinks, reds, oranges. Anything contrasting, and it doesn't have to be bright either. Yellows and blues and greens seem to dull them a bit.

However, I think when someone compliments someone else on how beautiful their eyes are, it has less to do with the color, and more to do with the whole package. Like color sure, but PLUS shape, size, definition of lashes, etc.

• i looove brown eyes.

and I don't like blue eyes (since mine are the same color, and I always go for what's different :))

• Eyes looking at someone with a lack of imagination.