Girls, is it weird if a boy wishes to look and dress like a girl?

I am a 20 year old boy, i am straight and i and am happy with myself as i am. Its just that i don't like men's clothing. I love women's fashion and i think girls are so much better aesthetically than boys. Is it weird for me to want to live a boy's life but looking like a girl? I want to dress completely like a girl from head to toe and lead my everyday life...

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird if it makes you happy and doesn't cause harm to you or anyone else. You gotta be you! Go for it! 👍🏻

• Wanted to add this, if one of my male friends decided to go this route he'd still be my friend without any judgment.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's weird, but even if I did, that shouldn't matter. If you're happy with yourself, and dressing like a girl is what makes you comfortable in your own body and all together happy, then go ahead. Don't even hesitate. Don't live your life uncomfortable, and dressing in a way that makes you miserable just to please people and so people won't think you're weird. If you show that you're happy with yourself and that you're confident in your body, you will see that people will begin to be more accepting.

• What is "a boy's life", exactly?

This would be important regardless, but it takes on added importance given how you want to flout the normal conventions of fashion. What conventions DON'T you want to flout?

• I hate women's clothing and shop primarily in the men's sections in the stores I visit, so I can't exactly judge. It's just what you like, it doesn't make you anything bad. You simply enjoy the feeling, and if you aren't hurting anyone then why not?

• Not weird at all--do what makes you happy and comfortable as long as you're not hurting anyone. There might be some haters, but hey, hater's gonna hate. But there will always be those who accept you and those are the ones who matter (:

• If it makes you happy & doesn't hurt anybody else I don't see why not.