Do I need bleach for these hair colours?

I have really dark brown hair and i last dyed my hair ombre again (bottom half is coloured light brown, almost to a fade copper) twenty weeks ago. Im about to dye my hair again in a few days and i was wondering, will i need bleach to dye my hair for these colours? I didn't want to ask when i get there because it will be taking a long time talking about it and i wouldn't want that.

Do i need bleach for these hair colours?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't listen to anyone on here unless they're professional hair stylists! I worked at Sally's Beauty Supply for 2 years and have seen too many people come in with their hair fucked up because they took advice from a friend or relative. You should try to get this done professionally but if you're doing it at home go to your local beauty supply store and ask one of the workers for the supplies you need as well as the step by step process. Bleach is nothing to play with. Bring in a photo for reference as well, that'll help a lot. Good luck! -x

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• I think you have to strip all the colour of your hair.. but if you have really dark brown then yes you may have to.

• yes i think you should bleach your hair before... just make sure to consult a hairstylist first

• If you have a lighter hair color, probably not, but if it's really dark, it's likely that it'll need to be bleached. I'd definitely check with a professional, though.

• Yes, otherwise it will be very dark, I tried to do a purple without bleach and it was almost black. I suggest going to sallys and asking them if you're doing it at home.

• yes but only if you have light hair

• Yeah, you do unless your hair is light.