Scars? I haven't worn tank tops.

Do guys find it disgusting when girls have scars? Or do they not mind? I have like 2 scars on my arms and 2 medium long ones on my shoulder from an accident. I know I'm hot, I get a lot of compliments, but like no one has seen my scars. I wear sweaters and long sleeves in the summer, because the scars on my arms show and I haven't worn tank tops since I was 10 because the 2 scars on my shoulder are embarrassing. Please PLEASE be honest what you guys really think of scars on girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends what it looks like. Most of the time it doesn't phase me or I'd think it was pretty sweet looking. Sometimes it does bother me like if it was really disgusting looking. Some scars are really sexy. I think it's about how confident you look with them. Padma Lakshmi is a model and host of Top Chef and she has a 7 in. Scar on her arm. She struts that thing around and looks amazing.

What Guys Said 11

• To me it probably wouldn't be an issue, though granted, it might depend on where, how big, etc. I don't foresee it ever being an issue.

Of course, not everyone thinks the same way. If you're a model, you probably couldn't get away with having huge scars on your face.

Otherwise, I think most guys (MEN, not boys) wouldn't have an issue with a scar.

To some couples, it might even be kind of a cool relationship detail. It can be something that you feel connected with your significant other; in other words, you know them so well that you've seen some little scar or a dimple that no one else notices or sees, and your SO is a normal person.

• Doesn't matter.

• Don't worry, miss, as long is not on your face (scareface) if its on arms or legs who care. As for me I don't care, I dun find it turn on or a deal breaker.

I got scare on my left face, I was told it look sexy. But also some neg. Feedback as well.

• I love scars on girls, especially on the face. Perfect body and skin is boring, yeah its nice to look at but lifes stories are far more interesting and scars tell stories. I think they make a chick less angelic and more devilish and so HOT. Show them sexy scars now babes!

Any pics?

• I just came back from New Orleans and I took a tour with the most beautiful Indian girl I've ever seen. It was hot as HELL that evening (as it always is in New Orleans in the summer) and she wore a really pretty summer dress. She had a dark scar down the middle of her breastbone that had to be at least eight inches long. It looked like maybe she had some sort of heart surgery. Then, when I was walking behind her I noticed similar scars on her back and shoulders. We struck up a conversation and then we went out for drinks afterward. I finally got up the nerve to ask her about the scars and it turns out she had been attacked by an ex-boyfriend and he cut her up with a knife. I couldn't hold back the tears... not so much because of the tragedy of the attack, but because of her bravery to talk about it and, even more, to wear such a revealing dress.

We spent the rest of the weekend together and I never once looked at the scars. All I could see was her beauty, both on the surface and inside. It also made me see how superficial my few acne scars are and how beauty definitely comes from within. The people who really love and respect you will not even notice your scars if you are honest and sincere. The scars just make you hotter!

• Hi you cute one! I can't help, but I find scars somehow erotic, at least interessting. So don't worry, it's you, there is no problem!

• for me if you are beautiful and sexy no matter how much scars you have. me too i have a lot of scars yes they make people look at you with panic in the first day but on the next days all get normal.
    the problem is on marriage how your partner will accept your body? i realy dont know but before marriage there is a love and if it is true he will accept you like you accept him.
    but before marriage there is boyfriends you say i dont know how guys think but i know at least that they love tits and ass in a girl who have a handsome face. i means basis are face then ass then tits. skin dosen't matter blue black red... scars

• Actually my girlfriend of 2 years as of Jan.27 is like 76 or 77 percent scar over half of her face and you know I just find her sexier than ANY other girl I've seen and I mean ANY she blew herself up by pouring gas on an unlit pile of trash that was like maybe 5 feet away from a burning pile of trash some how the fumes caught and the gas can blew up spraying gas all over her she had to get skin graphs on her face and most of her torso yet she has no problem stripping for me she's actually getting really good at it she wears them well and she loves telling the story of "a 13 year old who was stupid and blew herself up with a gas can" so I think its how you can make yourself feel about how you look because confidence is a big part of being attractive if you are confident that you can do something and you put set your mind on it you will most likely succeed

• ok, cool. what about all the assholes with like a MILLION scars on their face? so f***ing what if you have a scar on your arm/shoulder Are they in plain view for all to make judgments about you as a person? the MOST you're going to get is "hmm, I wonder how that happened?" Or they'll admire you because your scars give you "character" or some shit. Honestly, I have a question for you. What do you think of people with scars? Do YOU find scars disgusting? I'm glad you know you're hot, though. You look down on others based on superficial bullshit?

• Really most guys don't care and if they do then you know they only want you for your looks

• Definitely not disgusting. If a girl has a scar, it makes me think she has character. In fact, she will probably have developed depth to her character partly because of dealing with constantly having the scar on display - esp. if it's on her face. There is most likely already a realization that vanity isn't everything with this girl. She has probably done some soul searching and, as a result, will be prettier on the inside. Girls who walk around trying to be perfect, trying to talk perfect, looking in the mirror constantly, etc are pretty boring and robotic. In fact there is a growing trend among these so-called "perfect" girls to treat guys like accessories to their lives. Believe me, no man worth his salt wants to be treated like an accessory in your dollhouse. If you have a scar, it puts you that much closer to being a regular girl on the inside with the added bonus of a deepened character - much more interesting than a vain robot. You ever seen a guy with a girl that you would say is not in his league - maybe she is too heavy , doesn't dress great, etc. Well, she's probably a real, regular girl - and has avoided having the marketing mind pollution that tells girls what they should strive to look like and act like. And she probably is a giver in a relationship instead of constantly looking for what she is getting. This makes her very attractive to every man. That scar will only put you a step closer to being there - appearance wise anyway. True beauty can be found in imperfection.

What Girls Said 3

• Lol you kinda remind me of my best friend samantha. gorgeous girl, with a few scars here and there. truth is that there really not a big deal. especially if something happened to you like you got into a car accident. I really don't think that flaws like scares on your body is such a big deal, especially when you have your confidence. if anything you can keep wearing sweaters and/ or long sleeves if you think that nessesary. what I think helps is a little bit of cover up if you feel that it really needs to be hidden. cus I got a ton of scars too from being such a clutz lol.

• hiya, I too have a scar that is very visible on my stomache area. Unfortunatly I let it take over my life in some way, I am a very hot chick and no one would ever expect that underneath my clothes was a story of hurt, insecurities and pain. I was always assured by my family that the scars made me special, but who wants to be special in a world that is focused on the perfect NORMAL looking body? its hard for me to open up intimatley with guys as I'm always worried they will think I'm strange or disgusting, I know how you feel! its a daily struggle but as I get older I've realised its starting not to matter so much.instead of hiding them away, I'm trying to use them as a conversation piece from the get go when I meet someone I feel I may get down with. At the end of the day if I'm confident about them then if some 1 wants to be negative about them it shows there insecure and shallow, also it makes me realise their not worth my time,sooner rather than later.as the song says [If every 1 looked the same we'd get tired of looking at each other] so do you girl because god made you perfect in his eyes.who cares what the mags say.who do we worship at the end of the day! xx

• I don't see why guys would have a problem with scars. Guys are like warrior herdsmen- they do stupid things and get scars. Use it as a conversation starter : )