Long vs short hair : what do you prefer?

I've read that guys tended to prefer long long hair over shorter hairstyles ( by shorter I mean shoulder length). Is it true? What do you think of this kind of hairstyles? Is it still too short? What is your favorite out of those pictures?

Long vs short hair : what do you prefer?

• Really long hair is still better
    59% (34)61% (27)60% (61)Vote
  • Shoulder length hair is better
    41% (24)39% (17)40% (41)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
17|21

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Iv had long hair all my life so right now I'm digging the short hair look.. But I wouldn't cut it yet

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• I prefer shorter hair, I think long hair can be off putting at times personally. I knew a few girls who grew their hair down to their bum, I personally could only think of how unhygienic it must be throughout a full day i'm a definite germaphobe though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like long hair. I pretty much won't date a woman that has hair less then shoulder length (Which I consider long). really short hair makes a woman look like a guy. I don't want to date a guy. But there are exceptions...

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree... there are a lot of short feminine hairstyles.

• 1) I never said there wasn't
      2) it is my opinion.
      3) I said there are exceptions. Very very very very few. but some look ok. most look like men

• Both styles are hot! But personally long hair is a turn!

1|1
    0|0
  • Really long is nice, but if she wants to keep short she can go till shoulder length

0|1
    0|0
  • I always prefer longer hair, but those styles look okay too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer as long as mid back. But shorter as long as they are shoulder length are not too bad. What I dislike is when the back of your neck is exposed. Very few women can pull that off.

Having said that, I also don't like longer than lower back.

0|0
    0|0
  • shoulder length is okay, I only don't like it when it gets shorter than that (but that doesn't mean it always looks bad of course) but if I have to choose between the two I'll still go with the longer one

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoulder length hair is my fav on females

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much hair can get in the way when sexuality takes over and you go from being human into that raw animal mode!

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally prefer girls with very short hair. Like, hair above shoulder length. I find it more unique and interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both can rock it, but I do prefer long hair

0|0
    0|0
  • Long by a long-shot! lol 😋
    My dream girl has very long and wavy red hair... 😍

0|1
    0|0
  • I really like the first and the third one. They all look good though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to like longer hair, but there are some girls that just look way better with short hair

0|0
    0|0
  • I really hate when a girl has a guy haircut but everything else is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoulder length hair are still fine but hair like a boy is definitely unattractive

0|0
    1|0
  • Both long and Shoulder length hair is ok, but I really dislike short hair on girls.

0|0
    0|0
    • There are very beautiful girls with short hair. Remember, since you are guy you are really made to like pretty faces. I have seen unattractive girls who have long hair.

• Of course, face is the most important, but I've never met any attractive girl with short hair, only long or medium haircut. Face, hair and eyes are the ensemble of beauty... all together. Just one little detail can mess up things.

• These hairstyles are fine, anything from shoulder length or longer is good, I just don't like short hair (on guys too, some guys can pull off short hair, but generally long hair rules)

0|0
    0|0
  • Is there any long haired girl in any Pic?

1|0
    0|0
  • Shoulder length is fine and is still sexy. I just hate like really short hair. Like a pixie cut is just disgusting and anything that makes u look like a boy. Shoulder length or maybe a bit shorter is fine. All these girls have nice hair.

1|0
    0|0
    • The actress Ginnifer Goodwin has a pixie cut hair and she is one of the most beautiful that a human eye would see.

What Girls Said 16

• Pretty sure guys still like shoulder length. When people say they don't like short hair they typically mean pixie cuts

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm obsessed with long hair, I really want my hair to grow more. It looks so good, I'm looking for that Selena Gomez style, her pics with straight her are amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • I say B - because, for my hair - the hairdo stays on longer and it's just more manageable all in all.
    + makes the person look younger

0|0
    0|0
  • I like long because I feel like a queen but I like short hair as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • My hair is shorter than shoulder length. Does that make me not a woman?

0|1
    1|0
    • I don't think anyone said short hair makes you not a woman

• Show All
    • Asker, please specify that.

And furthermore, why does a man's opinion in your hair count? It's your hair. It's on your head. Do whatever you want with it.

• Mine is shoulder length.
    And I always put my hair up into a ponytail. My boyfriend wouldn't want it any other way. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • my hair (when not curly) is to my waist level... am fine with it

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person, but I prefer longer hair on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a waist length hair and I like it this way!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had super long hair, way past my waist and it's a pain. My hair is currently shoulder length and I like it this length.
    But I think a lot of guys like longer hair better.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do not worry what a man thinks about your hair or even face because guys are mainly attracted to prettier faces.

• Show All
    • @AverageJane I just do what I want and if guys don't like how I look then to bad. You didn't hurt me at all

• I lack male attention and that's okay. I learned the hard way though. Many Navy women would wear their hair short reaching below the neck. Long hair is worn a lot by Native American women, Asian Indian women, and some Latino women.

• I cut my hair short and it's not as pretty and I regret it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't prefer either to the other. Both are nice. My boyfriend loves my shoulder-length hair. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person. Personally, I look a lot better with shoulder length hair, but a lot of girls look really good with long hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys not care if a girl has long or short hair. All a guy cares about the physical appearance of a girl if she has a pretty face. I have seen girls with short hair that attracts a lot more male attention than me. Please do worry about your appearance because I am sure you are beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer really long hair, but some girls can rock the short hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both can look good. I switch back and forth, depending on time of year. With me, after New Years Eve, I want a fresh start so I cute it shoulder length. It's cute, but then I grow it back out throughout the rest of the year.

0|0
    0|0