What's the most stupid beauty standard?

Thigh gaps are the most retarded thing ever in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you measure "most stupid" by consequences, the most stupid beauty standard must be big boobs. How many millions of women have had boob jobs because they think all guys want to see big boobs when, in fact, many men actually prefer small boobs?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being sad for having "hip dips."
    http://i.imgur.com/edbFZKb.png
    ugh, I've seen this trending on tumblr. I find it really sad that we tend to pick our bodies apart so closely.

Being expected to be fully shaven down there. Feeling self-conscious when not wearing makeup because people point out that you look different or tired.

Also, it's no secret that advertisements depict photoshopped women, which I'm sure takes a toll on a lot of women's self esteem; same thing holds true for guys.

What Guys Said 16

• Thigh gap is extremely stupid, I agree but let's be honest people have been destroying their bodies for "beauty" for thousands of years and as bad as under eating is I don't think it is as bad as some of the stuff out there. Foot binding, corsets, neck rings, massive amounts of plastic surgery... I think are all worse.

• Oh my goodness! Yes!

That's it. You said the most ridiculous one. I can't fucking stand that.

I don't give a shit about your thigh gaps!! LOL!

It literally does nothing for me.

Whoever made that standard needs a neck hug.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1e9fb9425d.jpg

Um... sorry but I like the one on the right.

• Nahhh man i like thigh gaps haha!

• @thisdudejimmy Well the the picture on the left is a Barbie doll... soooo have fun. Also the girl on the right is faaaaar from a BBW. I can literally trace an hour glass figure. Also, why suddenly does that mean I don't like "skinny" (I think you mean slim), thin (again I think you mean slim), athletic, and boney (well shit maybe not)?

• Okay slim <3

• In all honesty it's boob size. I mean, unless they don't exist I'm good A-E. IDGAF how big ur breasts r! I don't know why most women care!

• Fat girls are automatically beautiful because they're fat and if you say anything, you're a shallow pric. Fuck that. I don't like fat bitches. And I think that Adele is one of the ugliest women I've ever seen. Fucking Crimson chin looking hoe. Also, Meghan Trainor is ugly af. I'd rather fuck Taylor Swift than Nicki Minaj.

• thigh gaps can be attractive or irrelevant it just depends on the body type.

not really an anti-beauty standard, but just a cultural problem around male muscle building. It's just pathetic, I worked hard in business school, graduated cum laude and have a great career, but all of us a sudden I'm considered dumb meathead just because I strive to improve my life in multiple areas, including physical.

Anyways, rant over lol

• Large boobs and enormous ass = really stupid... but you are right about thigh gaps too

• Thigh gaps are but big breasts too.

• Thigh gaps for sure. Still can't find out where the whole trend came from.

• anything including cosmetic surgery

• long eyelashes

• All of them. I think all of them are equally stupid.

• Thigh gaps and abs maybe... flat stomach is pretty stupid too

• Thigh gaps <3 thats hot common now...

• Probably height for men.

• Really I thought this is much worse then thigh gap
    cdn-webimages.wimages.net/...10912dc3069ba2-wm.jpg

But dear if you say thigh gap then thigh gap it is.

• Thigh gaps, saying that features non-European features are unattractive, perfect skin. In the end we are all just mutated mammals that want to have sex, stop overcomplicating things.

• Mured mammals that want to have sex😂😂
      True👌

What Girls Said 14

• not just thigh gaps. apparently we have "thigh brows" as well. but i mean everyone has those so it makes NO sense.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/VIp0FcjSGaA/maxresdefault.jpg
    -.-

• Thigh gaps are an awful beauty standard and I hate it so much, but I think the most stupid one was that recent thighbrow thing. Pretty much every woman - and probably most guys too? - will have some indentation between their thigh and their body. That's just how thighs work.

• I hate "waist training". It bothers me SO MUCH. This idea that women's natural bodies aren't good enough REALLY annoys me. Just because people draw or portray women anatomically incorrectly doesn't mean we should perpetuate the stupidity.

• Thigh gaps
    Waist training
    Botox
    Boob jobs

For guys, the need to look chiseled and "perfect". Like hi no, I don't need chiseled and perfect. What I need is a guy who still looks fuckin masculine and isn't overly feminized in his features because that's what the media is telling him to look like.

• Women cutting off their toes to fit into Monola Blancs shoes? (I have no idea how to spell that sorry.)

Beauty standards in general are stupid, vain and lame. You either have it or you don't, no amount of mutilation or covering up and alteration will change that.

• Tiny waist with huge boobs.

• I was going to say thigh gaps. I swear some of these things only exist on the internet, i've never once heard a single guy irl talk about thigh gaps.

Does fake/spray tans count? I think they look ridiculous. What's so wrong with being pale, it looks a lot better than being orange.

• Was gonna say thigh gaps as well before I read that you said it xD It's truly ridiculous.

• i agree on with you on this

• Yes I agree with thigh gap!!!

• I'd have to agree that the whole "thigh gap" craze is annoying.

• being tall?

• I'm not saying that tall girls are not beautiful. I just think that petite can be as pretty as tall girls ;)

• Flat stomach! hahah!

• Any and all "beauty standards" are stupid in my opinion...