I really like a guy but I absolutely abhor his taste in clothes. Am I wrong for wanting him to dress nicely? Is this considered changing him?

He is 6'5" and he wears ugly black pants and very unflattering button up striped shirts which are often wrinkled. His one coat is torn on the pocket area and it's at leas 2 sizes too big since he is quite skinny. He is adorable but his clothes are so hideous. Is it wrong of me to want him to dress better? I'd be more than willing to give him some tips but am I imposing my taste on him?
I know i shouldn't want a guy to change for me but what's wrong with jeans and flattering shirts/t-shirts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Mabye buy him clothes for Christmas mane he will start liking the style? worth a try

What Guys Said 4

• You answer the question yourself - If he is not bothered, why should you - He is a lovely guy leave it at that

• You wouldn't wanna go out with a girl who dressed badly why should girls be any different? it's not like I want him to dress in specific clothing.
      Some guys always complain why no girl ever looks at them twice... that my friend is one of the major reasons why girls just ignore guys who don't put the slightest effort into not dressing horribly.

• I can't say for sure either way I just hope not - Sounds really shallow to me

• I was thinking about my last answer - It might have sounded a bit harsh - What I meant to say that people who have different views on the importance of fashion probably would not be drawn to each other - I would be most likely a personality match for a girl/woman who only wants clothes to be clean and comfy like me, not caring that much for brands or styles.

• I had a girlfriend who tried to change my style and I'll be honest I didn't like it. But to be fair I don't wear the wrong sized gear.

• It is completely wrong, yes. Imagine some dude telling you to change your style, and that you look hideous to him. It would feel like a monkey on your back, wouldn't it?

If you really think he is a good guy, then that's part of the package. Don't be controlling and try to change stuff you don't like, when he's totally comfortable with it.

• You could offer him advice, but it's his choice at the end of the day. Are you his girlfriend?

What Girls Said 2

• Well yes it is changing him. the Guy I see his clothes are ridiculous I cannot sum it more ! Honestly !
    But I got used to it. he loves his stuff like that
    After 4 years I now on , being à thing or two in his wardrobe but the thing is I dont really care for his look I dont see it anymore , I just see him he is like this
    If you want to change him already do it but then yoiu will always want to change something

• Not wrong at all. If i were dating him I'd take him shopping all the time and suggest clothing that turned me on