How can women justify spending this much on material items?

I see plenty of very young women walking around with Hermes Birkins and I always wonder how they can spend roughly 10k on a bag?

And to those who write disrespectful comments like the one beforehand. That moment when these women that own these bags are probably in high positions in companies whilst you work at chase bank. Ease up.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing that comes to mind is to each their own but you do wonder at 10K for a bag - A big part of me is going that is a car, something big for the house, a chunk of a downpayment on a house. Before the fashionistas feel aggrieved I am the same way about gadgets, weddings etc.
    Okay if she is in a very good job earning a lot that is alright but it is the people that seem to overreach that are spending more than they have. I had an ex and she would think long and hard before clothes or paying a utility bill late, that is just not on.

Most Helpful Girl

• why do you care :P
    if they can afford it why not? luxury is always a pleasure, we re not gonna deny this right.

What Guys Said 5

• Some people have that money. Some just live in debt. You just can't judge bank accounts by apparel these days.

• To me the, the truly wealthy are the people that use their money to build more money and donate to charity, help their kids out, etc. rather than just luxury consumerism.

• Well some of these bags actually last a very long time... your whole life even. Its a way of life more than anything else. Money is just to keep score after a certain amount its all the same

• Most people with a lot of money don't spend that much on a bag... it's just stupid... there are more important things to invest your money in than on the latest bag or shoes... yeah... I went there.

As for why women do it... I have noooooooooo idea...

• They can't justify it, it's a waste and it is disgusting.

• If someone spends that much money on a bag, I'd rather it be made of their own skin.

Wasteful monkeys, apes, pigs, choose your pick, they are all fitting terms for people like that.

• Primitive, all though sadly, those terms would be too befitting for them, even such animals do not waste their resources for such ridiculously low priority purposes.

• although*.

• They are hoes or sugar babies or have rich uncles/dads. Rarely are they successful enough on their own to afford such luxuries.

What Girls Said 11

• personal preference and the financial possibility to do so.

Everyone spends their money differently. I spend it on vintage watches, others would have bought a car with the amount of money I have put into that.

I think, more than "what" people buy, it is "why"
    Some pople define themselves through material things, it makes them feel better about themselves. Others (like me) do it for a passion.
    MAybe those women you see with a Birkin bag have saved up for a long time to be able to buy one.
    Maybe they have really high paying jobs, where 5-10K is no biggie.

• It's their money so they don't need to justify it to anyone else. If they can still take care of all their other expenses like rent it's no one else's business because they earned it. It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid or not it's their money and their life. Personally, I spend around $300 on my bags because they last if they are good quality and having a cheap strap break on you sucks. Plus that's an item you can have for life if taken care of properly. Personally I couldn't afford a 10k bag but if they want it and can afford it then it's whatever.

• it is too much, i agree, but hey if they got the cash and they wanna spend it on that stuff, let em be. they'll bear the consequences, if any.

• If they have the money, go for it, I guess. But it does make me question what their priorities are. Me, I'd rather spend money on travel and experiences and have photographs and memories from those times instead of an expensive handbag. I mean, what if someone spills coffee on it? Haha.

• They're either born into money, they've saved up for it with their own money, or it's a knock off. Personally I think if someone saves up for a luxury item with their own money then other people should have an issue with it. It's not like they're spending your money.

• If they are wealthy with enough disposable income to afford it that's their business. Keep in mind a lot of these girls are rocking fake replicas.

• If they're rich, it's pocket change. If they're believable fakes, you can sit your ass down.

• It's their money. They can buy whatever they want

• Because life is all about looks and tbh i enjoy buying brand names clothes/bags/shoes...

• Their parents can afford it

• I guess because they can.