Are men naturally better looking than women (usually)?

Yeah, I agree that women can be really good looking, but that's often due to grooming and makeup. Men, on the other hand, hardly enhance their looks artificially.

We men usually look almost similar at every time, whether we have just woken up, just out of a fresh shower, or even when we are tired after a hard day's work. But women usually look good only when they actually put some effort into into it. Very few, I feel, are 'naturally' good looking.

What are your thoughts about this?

• Yes, men are naturally better looking tgan women
  • No, you are just jealous of women's beauty!
  • Not sure/don't care

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we have set the standard if beauty for women higher than for men... Women are supposed to look all dolled up - smooth, blemish free skin, prefect pink lips, long eyelashes etc... This is because of generations of us being primed with images of beautiful women, artificially made up with makeup and photoshop... the standard of beauty is so unrealistic, that most women can't hold up to it without makeup.

If you go to Japan, the perception of beauty is similar there for men too. Many men in Japan wear makeup, and suddenly you will find a larger percentage of ugly men (in their perception.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a living example of men's natural beauty. This is a makeup free face brotha, and most women can't compete with this without aid, no joke. Without the existence of makeup, i reckon the gay gene would all of a sudden become mainstream because damn, have you seen a girl without her foundation on? Its a pitiful sight to see. I feel so sorry for them

What Girls Said 19

• id agree with that. y'all have better faces overall. we have better bodies though :P

• No, I truly don't think so. There's a comparison point for women which is why a woman appears more tired looking if she doesn't wear makeup, for example. The contrast is what makes the no makeup look an actual thing people notice, because they compare that look to the same woman with makeup or other women with makeup. It's like how an elephant to us seems like a pretty big creature unless you put it next to a whale, then suddenly it looks very small. The compare and contrast changes things.

Also, the aesthetic societal ideal and expectation for women is very high and meticulous and is imposed on females from a very young age. Males have physical pressures as well which are certainly a big deal, but I find it isn't as meticulous, because society already takes much of the emphasis and puts it on pressures regarding career, manliness, and status.

With men, no makeup is pretty near always and "flaws" such as wrinkles are looked at with more acceptance.

• i think women are still the better looking ones. you might think a guy is better looking then a girl who is not wearing makeup, but it only appears that way because the standards for a good looking women are waaay bigger then for a good looking man. if some men wore makeup, we would expect all men to be as attractive as them but none would measure up unless they started wearing makeup too. same for women, im sure that before makeup was so popular, men had lower expectations and would think that a girl who used even a little makeup looked like a goddess because even the natural girls were considered gorgeous, whereas now, its surprising if a girl doesn't wear makeup and she is considered ugly compared to those who do wear it so the standards for a pretty girl have gone uppp, yet the standards for an attractive guy have remained the same.
    basically, we, women, have lower standards. you dont have to put on a lot of makeup and go out of your way to make yourself look better, we are used to the guys around us and are attracted to average guys, while most guys are only attracted to really pretty girls

• I believe women are held to higher expectations when it comes to beauty. When I walk around natural with no makeup on people will ask "are you feeling ok", although my husband likes the way I look without makeup. I think the majority of the public expect women to always be done up: hair done, face painted, nails done, hairless aside from the hair on your head, dressed nicely; while men can basically shower, throw on whatever and still be accepted in society.
    So when it comes to who I believe are naturally better looking I believe it's women but society has conditioned the majority to not accept natural as beautiful.

• I don't really care~ hahha!

• The only reason men manage to look good without any makeup is because society has not taught us that men are ugly without makeup.

• i don't think gender has something to do with it... genetics should also be taken into consideration... and also.. not all women like makeup

• I'm a straight girl so... yeah guys are more attractive to me.

If you think guys are more attractive... well.

• You're taking this completely out of context, and jumping to conclusions. I have never even used the word 'attractive' in my question or it's descriptions. And straight males CAN judge the attractiveness of other males, although we aren't attracted TO them.

People are so quick to label someone about their sexual orientation, without even giving a thought to the context. This was a general way of me saying that guys are naturally better looking than girls, because they look the same almost always, and in all situations.

Looks like you just got butthurt because of me saying guys are naturally better looking than girls.

• Please, for heaven's sake, understand what I'm trying to say. Women usually look better because they groom themselves and wear make up. But men usually look the same, no matter what. So 'naturally', men look better. If you compare a man and a woman, of equal general attractiveness when they have just woken up or returned after a hard day's work, usually the man looks better.

I hope you got what I'm trying to say here.

• I think the difference lies in that we expect clear even toned smooth skin from women, with long defined lashes, groomed brows and more color in their lips, bc that's what we are used to. Then we see them without, and its like wtf is up with your face.

• I know in the animal kingdom, the male of the species is more beautiful than the female. That's a hard call to make but it seems like the baby boys have the most gorgeous eyelashes. I have a high testosterone level and have always been told that I was extraordinarily attractive so that may have something to do with it. People with higher testosterone exude confidence, take more risks, don't mind confrontation etc.

• Women have been getting more attractive through the ages whereas men have stayed the same. It's because the Y chromosome is slowly shortening.

• I personally don't feel that women are getting more attractive. It's just that they're finding ways to look better.

How often do you come across women who look almost the same, whether they've just woken up or have gotten dolled up for a party? With men though, this is pretty much the norm, we usually look the same.

• This is an observable scientific phenomenon over thousands of years.

• If people see a man naked, they are put off. If they see a random woman naked, they smile and watch. There.

• The standard of beauty for women is way higher than men because most women wear makeup and makeup is usually marketed towards women and so are other beauty products so I disagree

• I agree guys look way better. Even sexier with bed head hair

• No, women are just held to incomparable standards due to how (unnaturally) good they look when applying makeup.

• This is all due to social conditioning which has taught us that women need to be flawless and men can actually be themselves. It's all socialization.

• lmao I literally said the same thing about standards being higher for women than men as some other people yet I got the butthurt downvotes... bottom line is: if you're a guy and you work out, you're pretty much perfect, but if you're a girl and have the wrong genetics you're screwed

• i totally agree

• I think it has more to do with genetics. Some look really good naturally, both men and women. A lot of others either fall in the average or below average range.

• nah, most women look better than men

• Well, since i'm straight i think men are better looking than women plus they can pull off a short hair which some women can't. We are used to see a man without make up in his natural state so even a man who just woke up from his sleep could be sexy. On the other hand, we are not used to see a woman without make up cause media and society made it so.. as a result not many appreciate a woman's natural state and beauty..

• Oh and lots of women think that the sight of a man who just came from working out or his labour work all sweaty is sexy.. but men expect that women should always be groomed clean and all..

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think you can say either way. There are very good looking men and women. People think men do not get pressure on them to be hot but men also get pressure on them to look hot. Looks matter to all women to some degree to even if they refuse to admit it. A lot of women also reject guys often because the guy is not hot. I have heard that men generally age much better than women though.

• That's really hard for me to have a non biased opinion since I'm a straight guy and have only found women attractive. My guess at what is happening is that women often put more emphasis on their looks through make up, hair products, clothes (push up bras even) and several other ways because of living in a culture where they are taught the importance of looking attractive in order to attract a guy and even to be respected by society. On average they are probably more attractive because of the extra effort, and I bet if they didn't put that effort in men wouldn't tend to seek them as much. I don't know if one sex would be more attractive though. I can't separate my bias. I don't really think there is a unbiased answer to you question. Attraction is subjective to the interested sex in my opinion.

"women usually look good only when they actually put some effort into into it. Very few, I feel, are 'naturally' good looking" You're a brave man aficionado :p 🍒

• Women look wayyyy better in my opinion. I can rarely look at a guy and say "he's really good looking" whereas I always see really good looking girls.

• That's because women often artificially make themselves look better. How often have you felt that a woman is good looking when she is too tired or just woken up, sans makeup?

• Without make-up I know loads dude.
      I know girls that look better without it.

• Tough one - There is a lot to take in - Women tend to make more of an effort but is it because they have to, I am not so sure - I would say probably just taking the safe route and say that both genders are equally good looking in their own way.

• i have muscular physique n abs
    They have boobs, ass n fit stomach.

I'll take the women bruh

• Beauty is subjective though. But I think I agree to this to some extent. At least guys can pull off looking good without taking a shower, where a girl would have a "look I'm just got out of bed" sign if she doesn't try to "fix" herself.

I take female bodies any day of course, just as @justbanANNAz said. But I'm a guy so... XD

• Lets see...

Most men only like looking at women, but most women like looking at both men and women.

Women wins.

• I look like shit in the morning. But my hair is long enough to have bed hair and so it makes me look ridiculous when it's standing straight up.

• I don't know, I think to myself how beautiful my girlfriend is when she just wakes up. I look good too tho :p

• i think i m looking better as i get older in a mature way...

but anyone who goes to the gym even on and off and never gotten fat ususally age very well.

once you get fat, its easy to get there again as fat has memory too.

def men.

• I really liked your first sentence hahaha. What Make-Up can do right ;)

• Nahh, I am like really jacked braw so I'd take me

• Women are better looking up to 40, after that men start to look better. No homo.

• I think guys are typically better looking. Once you get rid of makeup of a lot of girl start looking about the same or slightly worse than the average guy.

• I think it's the fact that our society views women wearing makeup as the norm and even expected that we have an altered out view on what beauty is

• Don't know about you, but there's something sexy about a worn down woman with no makeup on. it gives me the opportunity to solve all her problems with my penis.

• Women are better looking then men but I am the exception. I am much better looking than any woman in the world. The bitches can't compete!