Girls why do you guys wear shorts with half or your butt cheek poking out and guys do you respect girls like this?

• It's cute
  • It's trashy and disrespectful
  • Other
I phrased this question incorrectly- why do you girls *** I'm referring to females only!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's trashy, I don't like that. Shorts that basically show half your ass? Why even wear shorts?
    What's worse is when these girls are only 14 or even less :/

• What's worse is someone wither buys those shorts for them or gives them the money and lets them leave the house looking like that...

• I'm sure their mom was wearing the same shorts to school when she got knocked up with the kid

How disgustingly judgmental of me... :P

• @Unhappy_Sock "How disgustingly judgmental of me" hahaha perhaps, but I have a feeling that in most cases you're not wrong, and their mothers where actually like that... or worse :O
      xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Who is it supposed to be disrespecting?

I think it looks cheap. I was on an escalator recently, behind a really skinny girl in cut off shorts. As the stairs began to climb her butt came level with my eyes... I could have stuck a finger in her. I could see her cootch with this thin strip of denim pretending to cover her... it was really gross. The girl was dressed quite smartly other than that, you could see wasn't a hooker... but seriously... gross.

If you want to look like you're selling your ass then it's probably a good look.

• I agree here. It looks really cheap and I mostly see very thin girls wearing these shorts. Like I'm not sure who they're trying to impress either. And it is very disrespectful in some cultures to be dressed inappropriately in front of your elders etc. I don't know that's how it is in Samoan culture

• Anyways that's unappealing and I thought that trend was left behind in 2007 but I guess not lol

• Girls seem to enjoy dressing like street walkers.

What Guys Said 5

• "It's trashy and disrespectful" Cuz I don't walk around with my pants sagging off my ass with a big ass T-shirt on. So I expect my girl to be the same. Ya know "normal casual wear" or something that makes you say "DAMN she looks sexy" while leaving something to the imagination ^_^.

Now don't get me wrong if a girl wants to "floss" her body cool by me. But I wouldn't dare take a girl who dresses like that seriously #LTR wise.

• I don't know I treat girls have they dress sadly or carry themselves in general. And dressing like that = yeah... I can't take her seriously LOL

• Yeah exactly like if a girl walks around outside like that in my neighborhood we automatically assume she's a prostitute loll or just ridiculously stupid because she'll be leered at all day by old men

• Hey, that's exactly what she wanted if ya ask me aka attention + that's like me being beamed (wearing a lot of red) yet not expected to be a called a blood or at least grouped in with them when seen in public LOL.

• Don't matter what we respect... man's got no right to tell a woman what shorts to wear

• Haha, nope. I see/hear girls dressed like that, going on about why no boys seem to "respect" them and I'm just sitting here like:
    33.media.tumblr.com/.../...j4gkRcqb1r9eyg8_500.gif

• Better not be talking about the masterpiece that is boyshorts.

• I don't want to go as far as trashy and disrespectful but I do think it is too much.

What Girls Said 7

• nice to see this being asked by a minor. u got a head on your shoulders. I've never seen the appeal of shorts like that in public.

• I'm surprised how common to see it is to see it. You'd think hardly anyone does it but that's not the case unfortunately lol

• In my opinion, if you can pull it off, go for it. But how you'll be able to sit anywhere without chafing is beyond my understanding.

• In my opinion, it's trashy and distasteful. That's why they don't allow shorts at my school to be shorter than fingertip length, because girls would be doing it to try to "impress" guys. It's not cute, it looks like you're wearing shorts to small for you, sorry.

• I have no clue but not I!

• Because we live in a democratic society where people are allowed to wear what they want. But this is just a guess.

I don't do so myself personally.

• I couldnt walk around with that horrid looking wedgie all day

• I wouldn't disrespect a girl for it, but I do think it is distasteful and not appropriate for most settings except for maybe if you live in a beach town where it's the norm.