Girls, Underwire vs non underwire bra?

Ladies what exactly is the difference between these bras? Is one more supportive than the other? If so, why would you want a bra that is less supportive?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Underwire= more support, better fit for me
    However underwire= occasionally the underwire pokes out of the bra and gives you a death stab in the side boob. When you're at work and you get the underwire boob stab you have to go do bra surgery to be able to make it.

What Girls Said 8

• I strongly don't like underwire bras, but some of the sexier ones do have it so for those I'll make the exception. I find it very uncomfortable and not necessarily more supportive. I am a full C cup. Normally I prefer lacy bralettes, I don't really have an issue with breasts sagging so maybe underwire provides the correct lift for these girls and girls bigger than me.

• I like wire bras!

• No bra at all. The best way to go is braless and commando.

• The underwire molds the cup I think? The problem with the underwire bras is that the wire can sometimes pierce through the fabric and it'll poke you in your boob.

• Lol sounds like fun - not

• I wish I could take the underwire out. I normally have to buy another one. Sad face lol

• Ahh ok, and then you need a bandaid for the boob poke lol :)

• i wish I had enough boobs to even NEED underwire. :(

• What's a bra? Just kidding. Underwire.

• The underwire one is for shirts or dresses that cover up ur shoulder, the other is for shirts and dresses with no straps.

• Girls with smaller cup sizes don't need the support, it would just make their boobs look bulky. Girls like me with a larger cup size need the under-wire to A) lift them up a bit obviously B) keep them from jiggling all over the place and C) to take some pressure off our shoulders.

• Ahh that makes sense, so the bra basically just transfers the pressure to your shoulders?

• Yup! If a girl with DDs like me wore a bra without an under wire they'd get deep groves in their shoulders and they'd have an aching back by midday. The wire stiffens the cup so it stands alone supported only by the strap around your waist and not the ones on your shoulders

• Makes sense. So dumb question then, why do they even make larger sized bras in non-underwire models?