Is there a clothing item you avoid?

I haven't been wearing pants since the beginning of puberty. I'm 21 now. I'm a tall, skinny girl but I have always had wide hips. I was being bullied for this and it resulted in an eating disorder and always hiding my butt behind skater skirts and lose dresses. Now I have decided to make peace with jeans and ordered a pair online. But I'm already nervous to even try them on.. Does anyone know the feeling of being too much this or that to wear a sudden clothing item?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't prefer wearing shorts outside the house. My legs are a bit too hairy compared to the rest of my body, and I just don't like exposing my legs in public! :P

• The same right here

• @Readytoleave

Lolzzz! i don't why only my legs are hairy! Every other part of my body actually has far lesser hair than most other men. I suppose most of my hair is concentrated on my legs! :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Skirts or dresses. Few reasons for it:
    - biking with them isn't a joy or not even possible (I bike everyday)
    - dresses that are wider at the bottom (skater skirts etc) look a bit awkward on me
    - dresses and skirts that do look good at me are often very tight and then my body issues are too visible
    - I'm always afraid people see my underwear or make fun of my extremely white legs or something.

What Guys Said 8

• I really don't like flip flops. Can't walk in them. The sound they make and the feeling when hitting the bottom of the foot is really annoying, or they just slide off. So I avoid flip flops.

• It's good your deciding to try them, I'm tall and I find tall/thin women very attractive, especially in jeans. 😉

I used to always wear sweatpants because jeans would be too loose or too short on me. When I put on some weight I could finally wear proper fitting jeans, but nowadays lots of guys my age wear sweatpants, I wore what was "in", before it became popular 😄

• I probably wouldn't wear tightish clothes - I like my comfort too much

• I don't wear hats. They mess up my hair :P

• any pussy shit clothing hipsters wear.

• I dont wear man thongs. It drives the ladies too wild

• You were bullied for being hot? Ha

I avoid anything but polos

• The thong has been chasing me for years.
    It hasn't caught me yet.
    SOLIDARITY BROTHERS!

What Girls Said 12

• Jeans or any type of pants that aren't stretchy and comfortable. Comfort is my favourite thing. I wear leggings now all the time. I'm one of those people :P I love my yoga pants too!

• Those weird puffy, draw-string pants that are sometimes coloured to look like jeans. Looks ridiculous to me.

• I'm generally not a fan of wearing skirts. I don't even own one! But I have finally found one I liked, though I highly doubt I would wear it if I did get it.

• hmmmmmm, yeah that would be jumpsuits. my ass looks horrible in those.

• I actually haven't worn a dress since 2013. And i was force to worn one to my cousin's wedding that year or else it would have been since 2006. I think they make me look fat..

• I used to avoid wearing shorts at all costs. I've always had big legs. Thunder thighs and such. After losing weight but still not losing much if my thighs I decided that I wasn't gonna be ashamed of my thighs anymore. Been wearing shorts ever since.

• Tube tops/crop tops/halter tops. Basically anything that you can't wear a proper bra with, I avoid.

• I avoid heels lol :P
    for health reasons... walking with them is hell on earth.
    by the way wide hips is sexy af!! don t hide those curves, I wish I had more form. I am pretty petite.

• "Bell Bottom" jeans, Converse sneakers, sleeveless jackets/coats, and most skirts (unless they're pencil skirts, or skirts like the flared out, often coolly decorated "tulle" skirts).

• I feel you, I haven't worn jeans in so many years as well, but that's because I live in a tropical country and I find them really itchy. I think you should go for it! If you try them on, and you don't like them, don't wear them! wear what you like and makes you feel good. 💓

• I hate wearing jogging bottoms or stretch jeans cause I always think I look awfull or someone's going to say something insulting and I can't really ask my friends what do they think cause most of them are teenage guys so...

• Yes, I don't wear clothes.