What would be your definition of a sports bra?

Or better yet, what would be your explanation of the purpose of a sports bra?
Would this fit into that category?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sports bra is something that gives extra support then a regular bra. One that doesn't let your boobs bounce up and down when you jump or run. Usually they press against your chest to help keep them in place and are generally racer back to allow for your shoulders to move more freely during excerise or sport

Most Helpful Guy

• A sports bra is a highly supportive bra that encapsulates and/or compresses the boobs to reduce the amount of bounce/jiggle in all directions during exercise.

Usual Design Features of Sports Bras:
    Sports bras feature a very firm band that lock the underbust in place, and have a lot of coverage at the cup area to hold the boobs in place.

Sports bras mostly come in racer-back designs where the shoulder straps join at the back, usually forming a cross or other similar shapes. This serves to pull and stabilize the boobs, while giving the wearer's arms a higher degree of movement (compared to a regular bra with vertical straps that do not provide as much support and can hinder arm movement).

Side Effect of an Overly-Compressive Sports Bra:
    Some sports bras can cause a side effect called a "uniboob" where the boobs are pressed up against each other due to excessive compression from the outside.

The bra in the picture looks like a sports bra, BUT it does not work as one because the lady's boobs are falling off to her sides. The bra in the picture is too small for her size as it's not covering enough of her boobs to support and stabilize them properly. Thus, it is not a sports bra.

What Girls Said 9

• That is NOT what id call a sports bra lmaoo.
    A sports bra is basically a straitjacket for the boobs. Its sturdy, made of thicker material, with thicker straps, and a lot of them are racerback.

Maybe for other girls its different though, but i need that support.

• I saw a sports bra ad a few years back (in Australia) and they were showing a thermal imaging of two girls, one with a sports bra and one without and they were showing the effects of running to breasts and it actually looked jarring and painful...

• Ummm, that does not look supportive at all lol I mean the closest is to a "low impact sports bra" which is used for like yoga where bouncing is kept to a minimum. But even then, this chick looks like her tits would fall out if she did a downward facing dog. And there'd be plenty of nip slips during most poses.

But even so, girls with tig ol' bitties need more support, so even during yoga, many need medium impact or even high impact sports bras.

This girl is definitely not prepared for any real workouts, maybe just sexercise.

• Nope. That's not a sports bra.
    A sports bra presses on the breasts and tries to keep them in place - more or less.
    That's just some flimsy underwear.

• Flimsy underwear that has the appearance of being sports bra-related... but it was in a pic gallery blog on sports bras...

• It it had support for working out, yea I would consider what she's wearing a sports bra. Though it looks like the most she could do without flying out is squats.
    Sports bra are there to keep everything in one place and reduce jiggles.

• Something to keep the ladies secure and bound so they dont punch me in the face😜

• Sports bras provide more support so your boobs don't go dancing all over the place when you're running

• Something that compresses my Boobs so they don't hurt me when I workout/ play sports.

• A sports bra is kinda self explanatory. It's a bra you wear for sports. It's made for extra supports so your tits aren't going everywhere while running, or jumping, or any kind of sports like activity

• Well it all depends on what the woman's cup size is, that would be okay for a A or B cup but someone with a C cup or larger would generally need something with a bit more support

What Guys Said 5

• The bra above would not fit my definition of a sports bra - I think of them as very functional things worn during training - The bra above is a fashion accessory
    www.jockeyinnercircle.com/.../...ce-Sports_Bra.jpg

• A sports bra is like a jock strap, designed to keep everything in place while you move. That picture is not one.

• Now that you mention it, I have never had occasion to wear a jock strap

• I do when running distance keeps things from rubbing blisters

• I may have to invest in one...

• I think it would be a sports bra for someone but NOT for her.

• I hate the in enter of bras

• Inventer *

• Why? You'd rather people with boobs be forced to be uncomfortable when exercising or just in everyday life? Alrighty then buddy. I mean, yeah, the culture enforcing the wearing of bras on a daily basis even for women who don't need them is dumb, but bras themselves are damn useful.

• @cipher42 I think he was just trolling... just ignore him

• Her fake boobs are probably supported in that.