How much does physical appearance matter?

Ok I'm a big guy, I'm 6 foot 300 pounds with longish blonde hair and blue eyes, I also just graduated high school. I wouldn't say I'm ugly but I definitely have more to love. And it seems for some reason that the only girls that have immediate interest in me are bigger or less conventional looking girls and I'm sorry but I am in no way attracted to them so that means that all the girls that I like I have to work really hard for them, and it always ends up stuck at the friend stage. Its happened sooo many times I can't count, I like a girl and when I finally tell her or she realizes that I like her I get the whole "i only like you as a friend" thing. So I guess what I'm asking is am I doomed to a life stuck at the friend stage?

Most Helpful Girl

• No you are not doomed. But you said you weren't attracted to bigger girls right? Hate to say it but though the inside counts a lot, looks matter too. If the girl is not physically attracted to you then it won't work. The way lots of girls feel about it is that if they are taking the time to stay fit and healthy they expect the guy to do the same. I'm not saying that you have to be a body builder or anything like that. I'm saying you need to take care of yourself.

Take some time this summer to work on getting healthy. Its not too hard. I had to when I found out I had a tumor. Try to keep the fast food eating down to at most once a week. Portion control will help. And eat lots of small meals throughout the day so you don't end up getting super hungry and having to stuff yourself. Eat as healthy as you can. Do lots of cardio but make sure you are doing lots of weight training too. Cardio burns fat and the weight training will turn it into muscle. You have to have both for it to be successful.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm gonna be real appearance does matter. But personality is an even bigger factor you just need to be confident in yourself and people will notice that and that is attractive quality to have. Your not attractive to bigger women you should give them a chance and get to know them before you write them off. What's inside is what really counts.

• No I know and that's what sucks cause those bigger girls are really cool to chill with but in no way could I ever have an intimate relationship with any of them, the attraction is totally non-existent, they might as well be dudes to me. I can't help what I'm attracted too

• I'm not saying you should change your self completely maybe you should just work out some s0o0o0 you appeal to the people you want to attract.

• Appearance doesn't matter that much yeah girls like buff guys but there are some that dont. A good personality will go all long way. trust me. been there done that. Don't worry you will soon find someone who likes you for you. And remember "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

• I think that you should be confident because people are attracted to it. So don't be so insecure. You should also be more forgiving of others flaws if you would like them to be forgiving of your flaws. I am sure once people get to know you they will appreciate you for who you are. I was friends with my last boyfriend for a year before we started dating, he was very persistent, so don't give up if you really like a girl.

• Its not that I don't like those other girls as people chase don't get me wrong they are cool as shit, I'm just not attracted to them

• I say, just be yourself. People like a good personality. Someone will come along, don't sweat it.

• You say appearance shouldn't matter, but then you say that you don't want to date the bigger, less conventional looking girls. They probably feel that because they're bigger, that shouldn't stop you from seeing their personality. Why not give them a chance? but to answer your question, no, I don't think you are doomed to a life in the friend zone. Let your personality shine.

What Guys Said 2

• Its not looks or anything like that its cus your don't tell her that your interested in her sexually. You never show her that your interested in her more than just a friend you never keep her on your toes. You need to come off as a sexual guy and you need to show her that your interested in her romantically not just as another friend. Flirt with her.

• I'm not going to lie to you, physical appearance does matter. Personality, however, always wins in the end. But if you don't like the way you look you should do something about it.