Is there "red-red hair" all I see are orange red and strawberry blonde?

all I ever see are strawberry reds and orangeish reds. I can never find the I guess you could say "true redheads"

where are they. and don't say Ireland. that's a stereotype

so in actuality there's no "REAL" red hair. the only way to get that shade of red is a bottle. interesting. hmmm

Most Helpful Girl

• um can you post a picture of what you're talking about?

i think red hair is a pretty rare hair type anyway, but then the different sub categories of red make a difference. auburn is more popular since its more brownish and brown is a dominant color. a lot of strawberry blondes are fake but some are natural. orangey reds are probably the second most common shade of red. as far as fiery reds (thats what you mean right) I think its pretty rare but it does happen. usually they are irish or of irish descent. I live in an area with quite a few people of irish or partial irish descent and even then I don't see too many true redheads. well I did see this cute guy on a commercial with red hair

What Girls Said 9

• yeah I kind of agree. my friend , she's got orange/ red hair and she's a red head. and she is naturally a red head.

• My great-grandmother was Polish, and she had really dark red hair. I think that shade comes from a bottle in a lot of cases though lol

• may I suggest philly? or anywhere there is a large irish population?

also, redhead ukrainians tend to be that richer, darker red.

• Sure ur not saying phily cause ur from PA. haha jk little bias humor

umm and yeah I dk any ukranian redheads. I know a ukranian brunette though

• Ukrainians in general are pretty amazing :P

• Cool-relax knows where its at. lol

• My mom has fiery red hair, she's Irish.

I reckon people say there are more Irish redheads than most other ethnicities because they're speaking generally. It's just more common to them.

Know what I mean?

• I have a Scottish friend who has natural fiery red hair. The stereotype is saying we Irish all have red hair when most of us have brown with a slight red tint. Though, I had red hair the exact color of a strawberry when I was very young.

• right here. although it's more "real read" or whatever you called it in Winter, or when there's less sun. Sun bleaches out the red to what you call orange or strawberry blonde.

• I'm what they call auburn, and it's like a brown/red color. I don't know if that helps.

• well I'm one right here, you just have to look.

• My mom and I are both true redheads. No bottle needed!

Check the eyebrows, they rarely lie (haha).

What Guys Said 2

• my mate has properly red hair I mean properly red, I have a picture at home from a football match and we all spray painted out hair red, you couldn't tell he hadn't.

his dad has the same hair and he is actually Irish, I have been to Ireland though and there ain't a large percentage of gingers, there are in Scotland though.

• there is no red hair. people call orange hair red hair. mostly red hair comes from ireland and scotland. it the came from a people called the celts.not all as I am irish and have black hair. any country were the celts were you are bound to find sum orange haired people.