What does a photo (of a dude) need to look attractive?

I'm not the most photogenic guy in this world but I'm want to take some good photos of myself. I need to update my facebook, instagram and so on. My problem is that all my photos looks the same (that's because always take photos the same way...). I want to take some good pictures and I need your opinion on how does it have to look like for me to look attractive (at least a little bit :P ). Thanks in advance.

What Girls Said 1

• Lighting is everything... if you have good lighting then you will have a good picture

What Guys Said 2

• I would say as if you are going out for a night - Go for the just before you leave the house look then take the photo.

• Make sure your camera settings are correct for the scene. Enough lighting. Take pictures from different angles. Make yourself look different through hairstyling including facial hair.