What do you think of girls that don't use a lot of make up or even none daily, and use it more on special occasions?

I'm a girl that looks ok with little or no make up daily and I think I look much better when I use more make up (well at least I was told that).
I had to do some photos at my uni so I did that. All my colleagues said that I look pretty, even a girl that I'm not close to, looked at me like saying " yeah she looks good" and asked me why I don't wear it like that more often.
But I don't understand that. It's like I didn't exist on their radar until then. Are they more aware of me now, just because of that? Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Kudos do you. Whilst many others think they need makeup to look attractive, you are content being your own person. It shows confidence in yourself. I guess for most its knowing that whilst they may already look pretty, they could look even better with makeup on (at least in the eyes of women for the most part). Competitive instincts perhaps? I don't mind up to moderate amounts of makeup on a women, but anymore and like most men I get put off by the barbie doll look! How are we men supposed to compare with that!

Most Helpful Girl

• Blah! Sometimes I hate people because they say one thing, but then do another.

*insert cliche "girls look better without makeup" "natural is better" blah. Blah. Blah."*

Most guys think "natural looking makeup" is the same as "no makeup". It's not.

I'm the kinda the same as you. And on those very rare occasions that I wear makeup, people are different. It's like I become a whole different person that is wearing a sign that says "treat me like an actual human being".
    It's kinda sad that we humans treat attractive people better.
    Guys and girls, complete strangers, will compliment me.
    Girls who I've never spoken to, but pass by on a daily basis will ask the same "why don't you wear makeup more often?" It's like wo girl, chill. Do you even know my name? Lol
    Guys will hold the door more often.
    More people greet me. Or like cashiers when I say hello they won't ignore me.

It's weird. And my brother always tells me to stop being a slovenly bum because "people treat attractive, or those who put efforts into their looks, better".
    Sadness.

People say natural is better, but the majority will treat you better when you wear makeup.

What Guys Said 6

• My preference was always for little/light or no make up that gives the appearance of a natural look.

• I wish some of these gals saying men don't know what women look like without makeup would remember that many of us actually live with women and know exactly what they look like without makeup.

• If you are trying to attract a guy you like wear make up to stand out/get his attention but go natural most of the time and you will seem more approachable.

• If she's got a cute face then legit no-make up isn't all that bad.. but I'd prefer her to at least wear some sort of nude palate.

If she's a mess without make up then I'd prefer she doesn't stand anywhere within view until she puts her face on.

• I prefer no make up u can't beat the nature

• I like that

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know. Some people like it, others not so much. I have a friend that everytime he sees me with makeup he's just like: "Girl, c'mon you look so much better without that!". And yeah, you know, I wear make up very occasionally because I am way too lazy to do it everyday but I do love my lipstick. I don't know, it depends on the person. Some like the natural look better and other the opposite. You can't please everybody, nor should you. As long as you are pleasing yourself, you're fine!!

• The right people will notice natural beauty. Honestly, lots of people prefer it. I don't care if girls choose to wear lots of makeup or when they choose to wear it but I always hope they can like themselves enough to go without it sometimes! You go girl👍

• Those girls rock because I'm one of them 😂

• Im not a fan of painting my face too. I only have a blush-on and thats it.

It hinders eating (lipstick) and eye scratching (eye make-ups) hence i disapprove haha

• I haven't used any make up since I was like 19. I feel prettier without it tbh. Often I find make up just is ugly on me, Call me strange lol.
    I never have the need to put it on