Should make up be gender neutral?

• Yes
  • No (explain why)

Most Helpful Guy

• The standards of beauty for women are so high that they usually can't reach that level without makeup. It is unfortunate, but due to this, men don't really need makeup.

• I love how you acknowledged high standards for women thing , but what if they want to for themselves?

• @poppunk

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Yeah, both guys and girls are victims of double standards, but in different ways. It doesn't bode well for either gender, and is certainly unfair.

• Lol thanks!
      I agree with you. And honestly I don't know why its considered emasculating. Definitely shouldn't be!:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe it should be.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't see any reason why not - You see a lot of guys trying eye liner now - If the guys are happy and comfortable doing it - It probably should be encouraged for any guys who have skin problems and may need self esteem boost.

• Yeah, I would like it if a little makeup didn't draw attention and potential ridicule for guys. I'm not sure if I would wear any, but it would be nice to have the option. I mean yeah, there's nothing stopping guys from wearing it now, but some of the potential reactions aren't fun. I have friends that wear some makeup and they occasionally get harassed over it.

• I thought it already was. I mean look at those people on tv, they would have shiny faces without make up right?

• Wellll, no. You don't see men on the street with make up but almost every woman is wearing some

• No. Make-up should be worn by women, actors and neurotic men.

• I had a nasty ingrown hair from shaving my face that popped and left a gross wound, I used my moms concealer to cover it when we had to go out to a party. Nobody wants to see that gross wound lol.

• Many men wear makeup, but it's more common in other countries that are not Western.

• F@ck no! Guys don't need to be wearing that sh! t!!

• Make-up exists for centuries already and it developed into being used mostly by women. You can try to make it gender-neutral all you want, in the end mostly women will use it and there is nothing you can do about it.

So no, I think it's stupid and some sort of first-world issue.

• It already is, it's just that many people are too ignorant or close minded to see it. Men on TV/movies wear just as much make-up as the women do in everyday life. In fact some TV talk show hosts have made the mistake of wiping their face with the sleeve or their shirt only to expose how much concealer they are wearing.

• because men's and women's bodies are different. Skin is different.

• Makeup shouldn't be neccasary for anyone, I've seen plenty of girls who actually look super good and they don't where makup (My girlfriend included)

• I use an eye brow pencil to cover a scar

• So going anon for that haha

• I enjoy putting on and wearing makeup.

What Girls Said 9

• No it shouldn't. I would never consider dating/Marrying a man who wears make up since I'm only attracted to traditional manly men.
    However, in my culture men used to wear black Kohl (as-well as women) and it can look quite sexy.
    www.funcage.com/.../...n-Al-Gala-%E2%80%93-UAE.jpg

• HECK YES and I would date a guy who wears makeup. Everyone should be able to enjoy it without social stigma :)

• Cover up them zits, boy. I'm tired of looking at them.

• Yes!!! I was to see @CourtJester in make up! Guys will be so fab just like the female version of @mistnigqa808.

• Yes they should feel free to wear it without being judged.

• I would never date a guy who wears makeup. If they were a journalist on the news on set yea they'd have to wear makeup for the camera but they'd best wash it off after they're done working!

• Maybe - but I guess it depends on the kind of makeup.

• Believe it or not men are slowly catching women up when it comes to wearing makeup and not just makeup skin care products as well.

• No

(filler)