Is it really possible to make your hair grow fast?

just wondering I've heard a bunch of different thing and was wondering if others have had something work for them or if I just have to wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible but it is unlikly that it will grow as fast as you would like it to. The best way for me to tell you to help is to take a multivitamin there is one called "hair,skin,and nails" this is a very good start. It will help you get started.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• like justbug says - a vitamin of sorts to support hair/nail growth would be helpful, you can also use shampoos and conditioners that lend themselves to providing moisture so your hair doesn't break or split and slow the growth process. If you get a good leave in conditioner it will help with that as well (I use Aveeno NOURISH+CONDITION Leave-in Treatment and TIGI EGO BOOST Split End Mender/ Leave-in Conditioner - the former is a spray the later is a serum). Get regular trims to clean up any split ends (my hairstylist had me come in every 6-10 weeks for trims when I was growing my hair). If you have curly hair - use a wide toothed comb to detangle when wet and conditioned (never use a brush in your hair if their are tangles if you have curly hair and never brush your hair when it is dry). If you have straight hair it is likely better to brush when dry since wet hair does have a tendency to stretch when wet. Other than that, some of it is just up to your hair growth rate. My hair grows about 2 inches each month sometimes a little less, this leaves me at a growth rate of about a foot and a half each year. That is REALLY fast for most people. Other than patience and the previous advice, the only other thing you could possibly do is get hair extensions (either ones that are weave in or ones that are clip on)... this is good if you are trying to make a deadline for your hair growth (like when you are getting ready for a wedding), but if you just want to grow your hair out or if you want to give to locks of love - patience and treating your hair right will be your best option :)

• link

i have been using these tablets for over a month and my hair and nails have been growing like MAD! ok, so for example, my hair was up to my shoulders to beguin with, then the next month, my hair was past my boobs.

Crazy crazy stuff, but I love it!

• It's possible. My hair was falling out and my doctor told me to take silica and biotin (both vitamins), and to use some biotin shampoo (from GNC). They really do work, my hair stopped falling out and grew back really quickly :)

• It's not likely you'll be able to do it.

Tips - if your hair is destroyed from dying, straightening, etc, just cut it all of. Start fresh. Avoid heat-styling.

Pantene has very nice conditioners.

Pre-natal vitamins do make your hair and nails grow faster. I've tried them, but when I quit, I would lose globs of hair in the shower -- not cool.

• No, there is no way to make your hair grow faster. I'm a hairstylist, products are a mimic to get your money.

• It is possible.

• Vitamins are a myth for the most part I think. It hasn't been proven that anything can make your hair grow faster.