Ladies, what is the best primer you've ever used?

I have a combo skin and I need a primer for my oilier t-zone. I am currently using Smashbox Light and it's pretty good but it doesn't last all day. Any other recommendations please?

Most Helpful Girl

• I use maybelline baby skin.
    It works good for me. I'm just too cheap to spend money on a high end primer rather than eyeshadow or something lol

• Ok, thanks. What is your skin type? Does it stop oil from breaking through your makeup?

• I have acne prone skin. Tends to be on the dry side because I live in a colder area.
      It helps stop oil, yes. But I also use a powder on top of my makeup as well. It only doesn't work when I get sweaty while having makeup on. Like being in warm weather, for example. Nothing stops sweat haha.

• For reference, I also have acne prone skin but it's more on the normal to dry side. The baby skin primer didn't do anything for me in terms of longevity, but makeup is so personal, some products will work and some won't.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• On the cheap: Nivea Men's Aftershave Balm- reccomended by a popular makeup artist online, has glycerin (which is what makes makeup stick to the skin) and makes my makeup last all day
    Mid Range: Laura Gellar Spackle Primer- It does what it says, it's Spackle and makes your makeup stick all day long
    On the expensive side: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer: Extends the life of makeup somewhat but mostly just makes skin look flawless, try out a test size before you buy the full size

• Thanks for the tips. I would never have thought of Nivea Aftershave Balm but I might give it a go. Never used Laura Geller Spackle but have heard about it as well as the Hourglass Mineral Veil because I have used their foundation before.

• make sure if you use the aftershave balm its the sensitive one and you have to rub it in to your skin until it feels tacky. You will smell like a man for a minute, but then the smell goes away.

• Yuck I bony use any. If I use anything it is light loose powder.

• i don't use it, i use rosewater to clean my skin and it works better than any primer out there, plus it gives your skin such a fresh healthy glow you don't need any makeup if you don't want to wear it.

• Thanks for the tip. I will do some research.

• Oh yes a lot of women are raving about rosewater because it smells nice and has multiple uses and is actually beneficiary to the skin, it can also be used to set makeup as well... it's just a natural all round wonderful skin beautyfing thing to use.