Would you judge a someone according to what they wear?

would you judge a someone according to what they wear?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i would..
    What you wear is reflection of your inner feelings, thoughts, perception, way of thinking...

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah! By an easy glance I look like a loser! haha With sweatpant and glasses! Under all I am the sweetest kindness person alive!

What Guys Said 21

• Yes.

How much and to what extent all depends on too many factors to list. Just a few are how old they are, what kind of money might they have (ie what other things might take more of their money than their clothes).

Probably the biggest thing that makes me judge based on clothing is if they are trying too hard or trying to be 'cool/edgy' often like everyone else

This doesn't mean I discount them or won't let them actually show me who they are but it can be a 'strike' against them until I see who they are.

• I normally don't, but if she is all Iggy Azaleaed up, flat brim snap-back, South pole, or flat cap with large golden hoop hoodrat earrings. I tend to avoid her.

• We all do it on some level. Even when we don't think we are doing it. But how much you judge is where people differ. I don't think what you wear is the single most important aspect in the type of person you are, but what you wear does say something about you. If a girl with big tits walks into a room, with a low cut shirt during lunch hour, every person in the room judges her a bit.

• No, I won't.

• In the most sincere, non-judgemental way possible, I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they dress, how they talk, how they walk.

• I am usually quite good for not doing that.

• Would I? Probably. Would I care? Nope. Everyone is free to to whatever they want. Got nothing against Goths, but fuck some of them dress up in very creepy lolita way which makes me go "What the fuck is wrong with you? You're like 20 or something and dress up like some pedo-bait..."

• Absolutely. The way you dress is an expression of yourself, whether you're making deliberate choices or not.

• At times I say their looking good but never say negative things. I don't wanna make someone else insecure on what they are wearing.

• It's hard I think. You don't know who they are

• Yeah what you wear tells a lot about you as a person without even speaking to you. especially if you dress in a way that your society find it odd.

• Yes I would 💁🏻 dress to impress

• Well no I mean people can't always look amazing at all times you know if they got work to do or something they might be wearing less impressive clothing just for geberal work or something

• No, I judge people based on their actions.

• Nope, i wouldn't. It's just a cover. Clothes change regularly, the personality don't.

• Yes, I would.

• That depends entirely on the scenario.

• Negative...

• Yes I would
    Dress is a part of a personality..

• Unfortunately, yeah. If you look like a slob in public, you're not going to be very attractive

• Yeah somewhat... I would.

What Girls Said 13

• Well of course. I'm not going to try to change their style or make fun of it because its not really any of my business on what a person is to wear a not. But the way you dress and present yourself with fashion can really be important especially with first impressions. So of course if they dress very lazily and just like they threw it on, it doesn't say a lot of good stuff (for a job interview for example), it gives the impression they don't care. So fashion is very important.

• Never. Its so wrong to do that. U can get a general idea from their style but to make assumptions on that alone isn't right.

• Lol, people judge me all the time just because they think "I dress like a prude." They think I don't like to have fun or anything. It gets really annoying. I dress in comfortable clothing and I also have insecurities about my body, but that doesn't mean that I don't like to have fun. I wouldn't judge someone on what they wear. What they wear doesn't matter.

• Yes, BUT, judging someone doesn't necessarily mean negatively. What I mean is, sense of style says a lot about a person in my opinion.

• I don't care what somebody wears unless they are unusually good looking and it is their body I like and not their face.

• Yes, people who say they don't judge based on the way someone is dressed is a liar, the way we present ourselves tells a lot about who we are ( not everything though)

• I would have to say yes and no. I typically go off the colours and actual representation (actual WEARING) of the clothes. If they wear black clothes, I'll assume they're either feeling down or like black lol If they wear it sloppily I'll assume they are tired, high (not racist cuz my school is ghetto lol), or just stopped caring. Of course any time I take enough time to assess someone else I plan on speaking to or getting to know them better in the future.

• no i personally don't

• Yeah, I would.

• No. Not me.

• yup clothes usually portray their personality so if they constantly dress a certain way they are probably that kind of person

• Yup.

Do you judge a book by its cover?

• People will claim that they won't. Yet they always do.