High-waisted shorts are terrible, but what about nice high-waisted slacks/jean pants or a high waisted maxi, A line, or pencil skirt?

I have some crop tops I don't want to get rid of, but I hear it's trashy to wear them if you show too much skin, and it's definitely trashy to wear them with high waisted shorts, but what about high waisted pants or skirts?

Is a skirt like this ugly or trashy when paired with a nice crop top?

High-waisted shorts are terrible, but what about nice high-waisted slacks/jean pants or a high waisted maxi, A line, or pencil skirt?
or pants like this for a more 70's retro look?

Anything helps! Thanks

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the pants look good and maybe a shorter skirt (mid thigh to knee)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• it really depends on ur figure. some things work, some don't. if ur wanting to wear these with crop tops, they'll look good, i do that sometimes.

i love high waisted jeans. they make my figure look bomb af. the skirt style doesn't suit me but if it works for u, then go for it! =]

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• The skirt looks kinda hot. I always love a woman in a skirt, almost regardless of how long it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i think high wasted jeans and high waste skirts can look really nice and classy. hip huggers and low rise can be nice but sometimes it doesn't work if you want to look anything other than 'hot'.

1|0
    0|0
  • ugh, the whole crop top/high waisted trend has got to stop! can we go back to normal clothing please, I can't even find a normal sweater that isn't too short or too baggy anywhere.

Anyway, aside from my frustration with the current fashion, I really do like that skirt, it looks really classy, not at all trashy! Jeans are cute too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are high waisted shorts not ok? 😐 I like them, and in no way are they trashy. Are you just American or just very conservative? Seems strange to me, since you like crop tops..

0|0
    0|0