Are leggings pants?

Can you wear them as pants are not? Some people say they are pants and some don't. What are they to you? What do you think?

• Yes they are pants. 👖
    61% (45)64% (29)62% (74)Vote
  • No they are NOT pants. 🚫👖
    39% (29)36% (16)38% (45)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I wear them as pants because they are comfy and make my ass look good but other people seem to think differently. 😛

0|0
30|15

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No they are not pants. They are what you wear for either yoga or certain types of workouts. That or yoga pants can be worn under a skirt. That way you don't have to be paranoid about others seeing your panties. So they can help with that.

The really tight legging looking yoga pants. I consider them more like tights. Just most of the time they aren't as see through.

Still yoga pants alone. Your going to get unwanted attention depending on how big your ass is or how tight they are. So if your wanting attention and for guys to chase you down over them. Then yes wear them. If you don't want anyone bothering you then don't wear anything tight.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

What Girls Said 29

• They're pants if your shirt covers your butt. If it doesn't, then they're not.

7|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the type of leggings in my opinion. If they are sheer, I don't think they're pants, but more like pantyhose and you should make sure your butt is covered. If they're solid and you cannot see your underwear through them, they are fine as pants.

2|0
    0|0
  • There is a huge difference between types of leggings! The thin cotton ones ARE NOT pants. But then there are the thick spandex ones which are just yoga pants without the flared bottom, The cotton ones are not made to be worn a pants but the thick spandex ones are made exactly like yoga pants and are designed to be worn like yoga pants.

2|0
    0|0
  • pant
    noun
    Definition of pant

: an outer garment covering each leg separately and usually extending from the waist to the ankle —usually used in plural
    --------------------------------------
    pants
    pan (t) s/
    noun
    plural noun: pants; noun: pant

North American
    trousers.
    "baggy corduroy pants"
    synonyms: trousers, slacks, britches
    "a cashmere sweater with khaki pants"

British
    underpants.
    synonyms: trousers, slacks, britches
    "a cashmere sweater with khaki pants"
    -----------------
    trou·sers
    ˈtrouzərz/
    noun
    plural noun: trousers; noun: trouser; noun: pair of trousers; plural noun: pairs of trousers; plural noun: a pair of trousers

an outer garment covering the body from the waist to the ankles, with a separate part for each leg.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
    There's no argument here.

3|0
    0|0
  • Listen, let's just think about it: are skirts, dresses, shorts, and capris "pants"? No, but we wear them. If it covers your ass, your legs, and ankles without being transparent, they qualify.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love them!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they're pants, but I can't force anyone to dress the way I want them to. It's not my body, so it's not my decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't buy my leggings one size too small, so it actually looks acceptable for me to wear them as pants.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are under the age of 25, yes... they are pants. If you are over 25, please put some d@mn pants on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes leggings tights yoga and compression wear are pants some people but not all should wear them as just pants though .. style for the body you have not the body you want.

Leggings look good with a nice top and or skirt.

1|0
    0|0
  • ehhh, kinda... semi pants? lol

2|0
    0|0
  • If leggings were pants then they wouldn't be called leggings or be worn under something like short skirts and dresses.

1|0
    0|0
  • Leggings- tight-fitting stretch pants, typically worn by women or girls.
    It even says pants in the definition.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some people are confusing tights with leggings and I can see how they do. Buy yes leggings CAN BE worn as pants OR as tights under a skirt etc.

The versatility and comfort are why they're so popular

1|0
    0|0
  • Leggings are not pants or they would be called pants or be classified as pants long before this trend of wearing them as pants ever broke out.

However can they be worn as bottoms/pants very much so. Do I wear them as pants yes lol

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are pants

1|1
    0|0
  • Well no leggins are not pants, leggins are are leggins. I don't see why girls should not be allowed to just wear them as they wish though.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are not pants. They never will be.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are pants but I would never wear them ever and I think leggings are ugly but that just my personal opinion.
    But they are pants, no if, ands or buts about it

1|0
    0|0
  • They cover my lower part of my body and are made out of fabric. Boom, pants. Just don't wear crop tops and they're cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • as long as it isn t see through I am wearing it :p

1|0
    0|0
  • If a person wants them to be pants then sure, why not?
    I like them as pants.

2|0
    0|0
  • yes I wear them all the time :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I guess they could be with some outfits. Like if the shirt was long enough.

I wear them under my short dresses and short skirts though, not really as pants lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they are opaque and worn with a tunic or long shirt, otherwise, inappropriate in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I think it's lazy unless it with a really good outfit and a basic and not very fashionable and I know people say it's for the comfort but let's be real it's mostly for the ass but if the only thing that looks good is ur ass do you even really look good? For me personally I always have to dress nice I can never wear leggings unless staying in it like the picture someone put in the comments.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Leggings aren't pants"

I'm sorry, I left how much I care in the back pocket of the jeans I'm never going to wear.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are opaque, then yes can be used as pants. If you can see through them no, best left to wear under a skirt or dress.

2|0
    0|0
  • There are some leggings made to be pants and some not made to be pants.

3|0
    0|0