What is the difference between leggings and tights?

I see no difference but is there?

Most Helpful Girl

• Leggings are thicker and only cover up to the ankle tights are thinner and go over you whole foot

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say material consistency - Tights are quite thin and probably couldn't be worn as an outer layer while leggings can be.

What Girls Said 2

• Tights are much thinner and made out of a different material, such as nylon. Leggings are thicker and made out of things like cotton.

• Oh ok thanks that makes sense. And tights are more formal

• Yeah, tights are usually more formal. They're for making a dress a little classier and more conservative by covering the bare legs. Leggings are more soft and casual, so people use them more for hanging out and stuff like that.

• Ok. I also like when my girlfriend wears leggings to bed, I think it is sexy lol

• Tights are like socks that go
    All the way like a onzies ( in a way) but leggings are like skinny pants that stretch and aren't revealing (the ones that you'd where when exercising. But a girl would wear tights under a skirt or a short dress if she wants.

• Do tights have a waist band like leggings or are they just like socks, separated?

• Oh ok. I might try some on in my house just to see what they are like. Ok well thanks for the help

• No problem

What Guys Said 0