Hair dye question?

I want to dye my hair a natural looking red color. My hair is naturally a chestnut brown but I dyed it black with semi permanent hair dye. It's been 3-4 months but the black hasn't completely faded yet. Does that matter when it comes to having my hair bleached or should I wait until the black is 100% gone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would wait till the black is 100% gone, if you don't want to wait till that happens, you can go to the hair dressers and get it stripped off (bleached) otherwise putting the red colour would look odd. The red would appear more redder on your chestnut brown but the parts where it's black it probably wouldn't appear red at all. So you would have the odd red and redder colour throughout your hair.

• Will it hurt my hair more to have the leftover black stripped before dying it vs bleaching my natural color to dye red?

• Well dying it regardless is hurting your hair. I would just go with the bleach and red hair dye

• Thank you for MH

What Guys Said 1

• I would definitely wait. It's best if nothing goes wrong out of the blue..

What Girls Said 2

• nah it should be fine. id seriously advise not bleaching ur hair though. u can go lighter without bleach. i did it before. went from brunette to burgundy just fine without bleach.

• You should wait, instead of potentially ruining it, however there are things that take the dye out of your hair that doesn't involve bleaching.