Will I look out of place wearing a parka in LA next week?

No clue what people in LA wear. I have this one, it's a Canada goose down jacket.

Most Helpful Guy

• That jacket looks warm to me, I suppose it depends what you are used to but 60 would be quite mild to me, I would only need a very light jacket if any at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're probably going to be too hot in that. Canada Goose jackets are designed for like -50C and below. Try a wool coat or something. You're probably even okay with a leather jacket. I'd be surprised if it was less than about 15C.

• Haha I don't think they are good for -50C lol, that's like Antarctica. I see people where them all the time over here and it's well above freezing... I just didn't know about LA... Do people wear them where you are?

• As I live in Canada, yes, but only the really pretentious ones. Canada Goose jackets are designed for Ant/Arctic exploration so yes they are rated to those temperatures.

What Guys Said 2

• i mean if you consider 55-65 cold enough for a winter jacket, sure.

• Dunno, but I'm sure it was necessary to take the life of a bird to make a fugl bathrobe jacket.

• *fugly

• You know they don't kill the bird to get the down feathers right? Just like they don't kill a chicken to get the egg...

• www. peta. org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/animals-used-clothing-factsheets/silk-birds-insects-exploited-fabric/

What Girls Said 5

• Just check the weather, personally I don't think wearing a Canada goose is going to be comfortable as in might get too warm. I only wear mine when its 3 degrees or under.. but then again I live in Canada.

• I've seen people wear Canada goose in much much warmer temps, haven't you? :)

• I mean yeah, but when I do I think theyre nuts ;P

• Well, they're having a lot of rainstorms right now (relating to El NiƱo, apparently) so a rain coat would do pretty well. You should also bring a lighter, yet still water proof jacket just in case.
    On a side note: a lot of people in So Cal (I'm in North Cal) are really nervous about the storms, but in reality it's just rain (and at worst hail) + Cali is in a huge drought, so whatever.

• People won't notice. If they notice, they won't care.

• It's perfectly fine. Cause its winter.. It's raining.

• You'll look out of place for sure