I wear clothes just to wear them, not to impress anyone. Do you do this as well?

Of course there are times when you want to dress up. But sometimes its nice to be in relaxing clothing... yallmean?
Some girls and some guys do it. There is nothing wrong with it. You look better for others, you look confient and know how to take care of yourself, however is that not a face? What is wrong about wearing relaxed workout clothes? Something that makes you comfortable. I know my confidence does not stem from the clothes i wear, it stems from who i am as a person underneath that BS outter face we have others see.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I try to dress very nice and fancy. But most of the time, I discover a new favorite piece by experimenting. And it fits so nice I wear it a lot and during special days, ex) first day of school. And I guess the first day is sort of showing off and presenting yourself.
    So, I don't dress for other people (because I have almost 0 human interaction on this campus) but I still want to feel confident in myself and not feel like people get the wrong idea about my looks or only see me as my imperfections. So, I don't like wearing ill fitting pants and no make up and bad hair, because I don't feel confident enough to walk around school presenting myself in a less than flattering way. But the actual good vibes that come from feeling confident, I only get from myself because I'm not looking for compliments. (because I literally talk to maybe 3 people all day)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think essentially we are all a mix - At home comfy loungewear , everyday out and about casual, important everyday best casual , nights out smart casual and weddings/formals all in.
    At the bottom of it all we are doing it for ourselves and we have our various considerations or priorties to look hot, to impress, to be comfy just that everyone has a different emphasis scale.
    Is anyone more right than the next person, honest answer I don't know?

What Girls Said 9

• Of course I do this. I dress because I want to feel good with myself or I am feeling dressy or I am feeling dorky. I only sometimes dress because "they say this color looks nice on me" or cause "my butt looks great in these and he'll see it"

• Yeah sometimes!

• I agree with you, I wear what I like trend or not. when i go out it's glam but there is no need to dress up to spend a day at home lol

• Well I see it like this. It's not do much as dress to impress. You don't have to be in a suit and tie every day to be well dressed. I think it's a matter of being put together. Looking clean, fresh, first impressions. Wearing nice jeans and a t shirt is dressin well depending on how you style it. Nice jeans and a button down. A nice blouse and jeans. It can be casual but still look nice.

I never walk out my house (unless it's getting mail) in sweats. To me it screams rolled out of bed didn't care. How someone dresses shows how they feel about themselves. When you step outside your door it's the public. In a sense your a billboard of who you are. And you should want to represent yourself well. Never know who you might run into.

Just a thought

• I always impress myself. If I don't like the way it looks I do not wear it. I HAVE tO like it, for me to wear it. I do not just blindly toss a top and a bottom just cause I need to wear clothes.

• Yes, I am the exact same way. I dress for comfort, and I pretty much live in jeans and a T-shirt. I do not understand the hype about fashion and especially brand name clothing, though I don't have anything against others doing it.

• Yeah, it's really annoying when people ask me who i'm trying to look good for. I wear relaxed clothing sometimes too.

• There is nothing wrong about it, plus those type of cloth can be stylish anyway, and people wear stylish cloth obviously for others to see, but in the same time wouldn't you like to hear someone complimenting your taste?

• Yep that I do! I wear whatever I want, depending on how hot or cold it is outside. I throw on something comfortable, put on chapstick and head out the door. One time I was invited to a party, and wanted to do a retro '50s look. I didn't do it for others, I just really wanted to try this look out for myself and have fun in it.

What Guys Said 0